Chocolate Dream Pie
This pie is quick to prepare, but needs about two hours in the refrigerator before serving. Depending on the cookie crust, it is a dairy-free pie. Don't tell them it's made from tofu, but if you must, wait until after their eyes are rolling back in ecstasy.
- 6-ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup strong espresso or coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound silken tofu (from the produce section)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 chocolate cookie crumb crust (make your own or buy it)
Melt chocolate in a double boiler with the espresso or liqueur. Stir in the vanilla. Put the tofu, melted chocolate and honey in the blender and combine until smooth. The mixture will be the color of chocolate mousse. Pour filling into pie crust. Decorate top with shaved chocolate or cookie crumbs. Refrigerate for two hours or until set. When serving, cut in smaller wedges as this pie is very rich.