Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
This will be TNT as soon as I finish posting this & go make it!:cool:

1 baked & cooled 9 inch pie shell
1/4C. peanut butter
1/2C. confectioners sugar
1 small box chocolate instant pudding mix
1 1/2C. milk

Mix peanut butter & confectioners sugar, working into a dough. Flatten peanut butter mixture into pie shell. Combing pudding mix & milk; whip & pour over peanut butter. Refrigerate until set; top with whipped cream or Cool Whip.

Peanut butter and chocolate.. another of my very most favorites. Thanks!!!

I hope y'all enjoy it! Just don't do what I just did!! I used 1/2C. peanut butter instead of 1/4C.:blush: I realized it when I was mixing the powdered sugar in, so I just added another 1/2C. powdered sugar & split the "dough" in half to make another pie. I'm waiting on the pie shell to cool so I can finish putting it together. Oh, the peanut butter "dough" is very crumbly & it's easiest to just mix it with your hands.

Update on the pie! Well, I have to make another one today. We ate all of the first one last night.:pig: I did find that the easiest way to get the peanut butter "dough" on the bottom of the crust is to crumble it in the crust & then press it down. I want to try this filling in a graham cracker crust too!

I was going to ask what kind of crust you used. Just a standard pie crust pastry? I was thinking too that it would be interesting in one of those Keebler graham cracker or short bread crusts.

DH doesn't like peanutbutter much :blink: . He travels all next week so I think this is going to be on my menu! :pig: :)

PA, I did use just a standard pie crust pastry but I cheated. I used a frozen pre-made one that I just had to let thaw out & then unfold into the pie plate. I think the graham cracker or shortbread curst would be good as well.

crewsk said:
Update on the pie! Well, I have to make another one today. We ate all of the first one last night.:pig: I did find that the easiest way to get the peanut butter "dough" on the bottom of the crust is to crumble it in the crust & then press it down. I want to try this filling in a graham cracker crust too!

OK crewsk, DON'T DO IT! Here is my sad story from yesterday. I decided I was too lazy to make a pastry crust (and didn't have any cheats in the freezer darn it!) so my youngest daughter and I decided to use a crumb crust. WELL...when you go to spread the peanut butter crumbs on the bottom, it tears up the crumb crust. I grumped rather loudly about this. We thought all was lost, but then decided to "create" a different dessert. We ripped up the whole crust, smooshed the peanut butter goop and crust together (added a few more crumbs to make it a good consistency) and then used THAT as the crust. We then opened a bag of white chocolate chips (although I think butterscotch would be nicer) and added a few regular chocolate chips for colour. We tossed this into a warm oven for about 15 minutes and then smeared the chips together with a knife. Let it set and WOW! We hoovered that baby! Now we need to name it.

I'm sorry it didn't turn out for you Alix, but at least it wasn't a total loss! I guess I won't be trying the graham cracker crust after all. I am glad that you got a new dessert out of it though!!

Yes, it wasn't a total loss. But geez! What an idiot I was. I just wasn't thinking at all. LOL.

Now I have to try crewsk's pie and Alix's Chocolate Peanut Butter Madness (how's that for a name?)!

It's never a mistake if you make something new and good out of it! :chef:

If the peanut butter and sugar are made into a dough, couldn't you roll it out some and then place in the pie shell?

PA Baker said:
Now I have to try crewsk's pie and Alix's Chocolate Peanut Butter Madness (how's that for a name?)!

It's never a mistake if you make something new and good out of it! :chef:

Thanks PA, I like it! It was good for a few giggles anyway. And my youngest daughter now has some practice "rescuing" a kitchen booboo under her belt. (This is the candy sorter crewsk! LOL)

Good idea Rainee, wish I'd thought of that before I went and messed up my beautiful crumb crust!

That may work Rainee, but it's very crumbly & doesn't stick together well. I've got a batch of the peanut butter stuff in the freezer so I'll try that & see if it works. Thanks!!

A quick Google search will give you a good recipe for modeling chocolate. It's a recipe that creates just what the name implies, a chocolate dough that is easy to work with, and that can be rolled, shaped, or otherwise worked much like clay. I'm sure that the recipe could be altered into a chocolate/peanut butter flavor. I'll have to look at the recipe I have when I get home.

Oh Audeo, where are you. We need your expertise here.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed, I Googoled the modeling chocolate & I can't wait to make some! Not only for me to work with but for the kids also. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom