Chocolate Pie creation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FluffyAngel

Senior Cook
Threw together a pie from leftovers and it turned out perty dang good. I used leftover dark chocolate ganache, leftover evaporated milk with corn starch until thickened, hunks of cream cheese from a couple of opened boxes, a little extra sugar all in a double boiler until it looked and tasted good. And it does taste good. Then I added a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a big dollop of vanilla curd. Delicious! Pie shell baked in oven, poured that yummy filling into the crust & put in the freezer because we are too impatient to wait for anything with chocolate in the title. THEN... we put the other 2 cups in the fridge because there was too much for the pie but before it got cold we ate it like pudding.

Sounds good, Fluffyangel!

I often have leftover ganache from my cakes....:ermm: on second thought, I don't think I do!!!! ;):LOL: Bit if I ever do, I may try it. I will be making some ganache for the filling of my wedding cake for Saturday.

Sure. We haven't even cut the pie yet. We were so tired after walking outside yesterday we fell asleep on the chaise lounge. That'll be dessert for supper today.

Back
Top Bottom