"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 03-04-2006, 11:09 PM   #11
Hospitality Queen

thanks so much for the play by play, Alix!!

Old 03-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #12
Everymom

And just another update...OMGOSH...it is soooo good after sitting in the fridge all night.

Old 03-18-2006, 06:05 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
OK, this was a definite success tonight. Rated a 9/10 by the family. I think I would let it stay in the oven at least 30 minutes next time as the center was a little too squooshy for my liking.

Easy and yummy.
What you made was a ganache (truffle) filling so I would not have baked it. After pouring into the shell, I'd refrig for several hours. It will be thick and solid and delicious. For an added goodie use layers of milk choc, white choc and bittersweet. You can just heat the cream to boiling and add to the chopped choc, mix well, add beaten egg, and flavoring. I think cleaning the blender can be messy and unnecessary.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:48 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Sounds wonderful Alix. I had always wanted to make this chocolate tart. Now that's it's tried and true by you, I'll give it a shot too. BTW, what mag was it in again (what month)?
Old 03-19-2006, 12:12 PM   #15
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swann
What you made was a ganache (truffle) filling so I would not have baked it. After pouring into the shell, I'd refrig for several hours. It will be thick and solid and delicious. For an added goodie use layers of milk choc, white choc and bittersweet. You can just heat the cream to boiling and add to the chopped choc, mix well, add beaten egg, and flavoring. I think cleaning the blender can be messy and unnecessary.
Thanks for your input Swann, I did know what I was making. I don't care to feed my kids uncooked eggs in any form, and while I am always willing to mess with a recipe, I don't like to mess with every part of it the first time out. Perhaps another time I will try the no cook method, for this time though, I was pleased with how easy it was to make and the taste was wonderful. Next time I am going to add some orange flavouring.

Dina, it was the Feb mag, but I altered a bunch of stuff so it really isn't quite the same. Let me know if you make the original as I would like to have made that but Madeleine's allergies prevent that.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:29 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Alix,

I do not add egg. It will stiffen chocolate but I do not think you need it. I make lots of truffles and ganache frosting but always omit the egg(s). You do not have to worry about refrig. if there is no egg.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:00 AM   #17
Assistant Cook

Try Martha's Chocolate Espresso Tart Recipe. Here are some photos of a slice from the one I baked today:

http://suburbanaproncompany.blogspot...fee-break.html

Tags
None