Converting recipe to mini graham crusts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
I have a recipe for key lime pie, which calls for a traditional 9 inch sized pie plate, and I want to use store bought mini graham cracker crusts. It looks like those are sold in sets of 6 - can I prepare the same amount of filling of the normal pie for the 6 mini crusts? I wasn't sure because the regular pie makes 8 servings, so wasn't sure if I should be reducing the filling to 6 servings instead.

I would go ahead and make the regular recipe. The leftover filling, if there is any, can always be baked without a crust as a snack for the cook.

Make the normal amount of filling and fill the 6 minis. If there's any left, put it into a muffin tin or other small oven proof container and bake it along with the 6 minis.

actually, you might need a bit more....

9 inch top, 8 inch bottom (sides slanted), 1.5 inches depth =85.1 cubic inches filling.

divide by six = 14.2 cubic inches per mini of filling for a theoretical six minis

a mini, top 4 inches, bottom 3 inches (ie same side "angle"), same depth has 14.4 cubic inches for volume....

could not find the sizes off the minis on the web; just guessing. if you have them, measure them & post and I'll plug the numbers into the formula.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom