Cornish Pasties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look around you. See what other diners are eating. If you see something akin to your plate, see how they handle it, then follow suit. And if it is wrong, then you are not alone. The two of you may be starting a new trend. :ohmy:

I think it makes sense that open faced sandwiches should be eaten with knife and fork, while sandwiches served between two pieces of bread or bun should be picked up. I think Ms. Post would agree that the most important thing in eating etiquette is to not be nor appear awkward. That's what the "rules" of etiquette are all about, not appearing awkward and not embarrassing yourself or your company by awkward behavior.

Agreed. I was surprised, and pleased, to learn that she said you should eat crispy bacon with your fingers.

It seems to me that eating bacon with your fingers would get awkward because your fingers would be greasy and you'd have to attend to that...

It seems to me that eating bacon with your fingers would get awkward because your fingers would be greasy and you'd have to attend to that...

Have you ever tried to pick up crispy bacon with a fork? BTW, crispy bacon isn't as greasy as soft bacon, which is easy to pick up with a fork.

Back
Top Bottom