Danish fillings??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corazon90 said:
Let use know what you end up using and how it turns out. You have many great and mouthwatering options!
Very happily I will, Corazon! How I'll ever narrow them down I don't know, but isn't that a nice dilemma?! Thanks again!

I had not ever given danish a thought before. Probably because I never had the real thing, only factory made which never appealed to me. Well, this has opened a whole new pastry arena for me. I just mixed my second batch of dough today, and I learned a lot from my first attempt. I made individual pastries which were a bit messy so will do a braid this time around. I used two products I am overstocked on for the filling, canned wild black raspberry jam and ricotta cheese. For the cheese, I blended in the food processor:

1 pound of ricotta cheese
4 T. powdered sugar
3 T. flour
1 egg
2 t. vanilla
1 t. almond extract
3 drops lemon oil
1/4 t. cinnamon
salt

I will up the flavorings a bit this time. When it came time to fill the pastry, I put a blob of jam on the square and covered it with the cheese mixture. I intend to do the same down the length of the dough this time. What a pastry!!! So delicious! Thanks for the inspiration!

Back
Top Bottom