Did I really goof???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I have blueberry pie in the oven right now. I just realized that I forgot to dot the filling with butter before adding the top crust. Will it still be okay, do you think? I'm bringing it to a friend's later this afternoon.

Thanks.

There should be no problems. I made blueberry tarts yesterday and didn't dot them and they were a hit.

It will be inedible and potentially dangerous! Please box it up and ship it to me immediately by overnight express for disposal. I will IM you my address.

p.s. Please include some vanilla ice cream.

It will be inedible and potentially dangerous! Please box it up and ship it to me immediately by overnight express for disposal. I will IM you my address.

p.s. Please include some vanilla ice cream.

Do not trust this person. The blueberry pie should be shipped very carefully to my laboratory for careful neutralization. Please remember to pack the pie with french vanilla ice cream to avoid any unnecessary spoilage. LOL

I love you guys. One time I told my family that one of the few sweets things I truly love is anything blueberry, and if they really wanted to reward me for the numerous Christmas, New Years, Easter, etc dinners I had at my house, when you're making pies (something I always request of my guests; please bring the pies), bring blueberry. I swear to heaven, they tried, but every time something went wrong, from dropped pies in the yard, to someone saving one slice for me (I tend to want desert after everyone goes to ...... home!), but leaving it on a low table where the dogs had a feast. Now I'm not near family, and yet again, I won't buy or make a pie when I'm only going to have a slice, and I really don't want one in a restaurant when I'm full from dinner and looking at a drive or walk home. I want one slice, later at night, when I'm by myself. But it is a laugh (to me) that it is truly jinxed!

Thanks, everyone. I brought the pie to a friend who has recently lost a daughter to cancer. He always loves it when I bake for him, so I was trying to cheer him up a bit. It worked as well as it can in that sad situation.

Thanks, everyone. I brought the pie to a friend who has recently lost a daughter to cancer. He always loves it when I bake for him, so I was trying to cheer him up a bit. It worked as well as it can in that sad situation.
Lynda,
I bet that pie was wonderful. But I know your kindness and love made it taste like a slice of heaven. Oh to have such a dear friend as you.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom