Does a pie have to be round?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great idea!

But even better for me, further on down the link, is the rolling pin with the rings to let you know how thin you are rolling the dough!

Lee

That is really cool. It is right up there with the brownie pan that was designed to make every brownie an edge piece.

Oh, I ADORE that website !!!! I like King Arthur Flour too ! I should start another thread on the specialty pans that I have !

and poor me just bought several new pie tins - i used to use disposables but got the hankering for a nice deep nonstick ..... and i got to have these too, now !!!!

Dina - I typed it out in the Dessert Forum - here.

It's more of a free-form tart but the crust is so good that a top and bottom crust is sounding like heaven!!!!

You mention PIE and we'll be there!

Another PIE ride coming soon!
img_664383_0_a0350ec739c0a57b7dab639b7c6b6895.jpg

Pastry chefs have been making rectangular shaped tarts for hundreds of years. But mostly they haven't used a pan. they make them rather free form. Actually, the presentation of the long rectangle is very impressive.

However, a few years ago, most restaurants went to individual servings, and the rectangular tart went bye-bye. :huh:

I prefer pies that I can cut a wedge from. An individual pie is someone else's idea of how much you should eat.

kitchenelf, I copied your recipe. It couldn't be simpler. Is that sometimes called a galette?

Back
Top Bottom