"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 04-21-2006, 06:54 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Quizzie
Easy Lemon Refrigerated Pie

FOR ALL OF YOU WHO WANT EASY RECIPES: It doesn't get any easier than this cool refreshing Sunday's best pie.

1 graham or shortbread already made crust 9' shell
2 cans condensed Eagle Brand milk
1/3 to 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice.
1 cup heavy cream- make whipped topping
(cool whip will work)

In a bowl add your condensed sweet milk, stir in lemon juice. Stir with a wooden spoon from the middle of bowl in a circular manner - this will evenly mix lemon with milk. When you are sure your ingrediants are thouroughly mixed, pour it into your pie shell. Refrigerate and cover with plastic topping (pie shell should have come with cover) for about 4-6 hours. The best results if left overnight. Slice into a bit of heaven. Add homemade topping or coolwhip this of course is optional. This is an old family recipe and I am happy to share with you.... I HAVE WON RECIPE CONTEST WITH THIS PIE.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:12 PM   #2
Senior Cook

Wow. I love easy recipes! Thanks!

Old 05-17-2006, 10:01 PM   #3
Senior Cook

I made the pie last night and we ate it at supper today. It was very easy, great taste, though there could have been a little more lemon flavor in it. Yummy!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:07 PM   #4
Senior Cook

chocoholic, if the truth be known this recipe calls for 1/2 cup to 3/4 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice. cut it back due to the fact it is very tart. you can always add to the recipe, than take away. Try it that way next time. You might like it better.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:57 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
The instant I read this recipe I thought that it would be the perfect thing to follow up a fried (or baked) chicken meal on a picnic. Thanks Quizzie, it sounds wonderful

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:26 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Aha, so you just flavor it to taste. I was worried that the lemon juice would curdle the milk or something...
Old 05-21-2006, 06:43 PM   #7
Senior Cook

No... it will not curddle the milk I think, because it is being condensed. You would think that the acidity in the lemon would curdle. But, in this case it expands the sweetened milk to give it a thick settled consitancy and able to slice. It is my hubby's favorite. He's been on me to make one. Heck what do they cost? Next to nothin.

Picoloina; I hope you made the pie. Hope your family loves it. As I was telling chocoholic you can add the lemon juice to your taste. Use a little spoon to taste as you add. Let us know hoe you like it. Have you tried my Easy Peanut Butter Cookies. It should be in the discuss cooking forum.

Tags
None