Easy Overnight Sticky Buns Recipe--TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie E said:
PA, the recipe doesn't say whether they should stand at room temp or in the refrigerator. Could you clarify, please?

Thanks.
atie,
I put the recipe together yesterday for this morning..I at first put them in the refrigerator, but found they just sat there by last night. So I removed and set them on the kitchen counter overnight. This morning they had risen beautifully and were ready to pop in the oven..Results were wonderful the kids loved them..When I make them again they will be left to rise in a cool room over night..

kadesma:)

When I made mine, I put them in a glass 9x13. I cover them with plastic wrap and let them sit on the counter over night. (whenever I cover something with plastic wrap I spray the underside with a little PAM). I couldn't believe my eyes in the morning to see how high they had risen. I also lower the oven temperature by 25 degrees because of the glass container. Going to make more this week. YUM.

Last edited:
I'm so glad you all enjoyed the recipe! I'm itching to make them again but DH just started South Beach. And the last thing I need is an entire batch to myself!:LOL:

Just put my first batch of sticky buns on the counter for their nap. Can't wait to bake them in the morning, son and grandsons are coming in the morning - they will me so pleased ! Thanks again for the recipe !!!!

Iam really bummed, my dough balls barely rose,maybe the size of a lemon. They sat out from 6 last night till 9 this morning. Threw them in the oven anyway, cooling now but they look like undercooked dough. Baked them for thirty minutes too. Maybe I got some old balls (Rhodes) ! Really disappointed ! :(

Last edited:
Barb L. said:
Maybe I got some old balls (Rhoades) ! Really disapointed ! :(

That's all I can think, too. Was your kitchen really cold? When I did mine, I made them around 10 the night before and by 6 the next morning they filled the pan.

Hopefully they work out better for you next time!:(

I've been making these for years and have only had a problem once with the rolls not rising well. I came to same conclusion, that it was due to a bad bag of rolls. We even make these sometimes when we go camping, and bake them in a cast iron Dutch oven. Yummy!

Yup they were OLD balls, never thought about checking frozen foods, till PABaker mentioned it. They ARE going back to the store (Aug. 06) date on them. Well at least I didn't goof up - lol

Had the sticky buns for breakfast today. Fantastic! I added some raisins along with the nuts before I put the rolls in. Nice addition. I plan on adding some cinnamon next time I make them. Buck says the recipe is a real "keeper."

I think these rolls would be great for brunch or to take to a breakfast or brunch potluck. Thanks PA for the recipe.

My MIL gave me this recipe when they were visiting for Easter. She'd never tried it so I figured we'd experiment and have it Easter morning before church. The buns are wonderful! Sticky, sweet, and gooy, but very light, unlike a lot of stickies. The best part was that it was a quick and easy breakfast but different than our standard cereal or bagels on the run.

Easy Overnight Sticky Buns

1/2 cup pecan halves
18 frozen dinner rolls
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Generously butter a 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle pecans in bottom of pan. Place frozen dinner rolls in a single layer on top of pecans. Sprinkle dry pudding mix over the top.

Combine butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Heat until boiling then pour over rolls. Cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and allow to stand overnight.

In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.

I know it has been awhile since you posted this but I just wanted to let you know that I made these again yesterday and they are so good. Thanks again for this easy and delicious recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom