Easy Overnight Sticky Buns Recipe--TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
My MIL gave me this recipe when they were visiting for Easter. She'd never tried it so I figured we'd experiment and have it Easter morning before church. The buns are wonderful! Sticky, sweet, and gooy, but very light, unlike a lot of stickies. The best part was that it was a quick and easy breakfast but different than our standard cereal or bagels on the run.

Easy Overnight Sticky Buns

1/2 cup pecan halves
18 frozen dinner rolls
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Generously butter a 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle pecans in bottom of pan. Place frozen dinner rolls in a single layer on top of pecans. Sprinkle dry pudding mix over the top.

Combine butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Heat until boiling then pour over rolls. Cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and allow to stand overnight.

In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.

Thank you Pa,
I've been hunting for something else to fix the kids once in a while, this is just the thing.

kadesma:)

I make these quite often. Quick and easy and oh so yummy!!

Apple Cinnamon
1 stick butter
Pantry Cinnamon Plus
¼ cup sugar
1 apple, sliced and chopped
1 package Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
Caramel Pecan
1 stick butter
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 package Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
Garlic
1 stick butter
Pantry Italian Seasoning
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 package Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in Small Sauté Pan on stovetop, over medium heat—add ingredients, except biscuits, and sauté until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Using Utility Knife, cut biscuits into quarters. Add all the biscuits to the pan, toss with butter mixture, immediately put in oven and bake 18-20 minutes.

PA Baker said:
My MIL gave me this recipe when they were visiting for Easter. She'd never tried it so I figured we'd experiment and have it Easter morning before church. The buns are wonderful! Sticky, sweet, and gooy, but very light, unlike a lot of stickies. The best part was that it was a quick and easy breakfast but different than our standard cereal or bagels on the run.

1/2 cup pecan halves
18 frozen dinner rolls
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Generously butter a 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle pecans in bottom of pan. Place frozen dinner rolls in a single layer on top of pecans. Sprinkle dry pudding mix over the top.

Combine butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Heat until boiling then pour over rolls. Cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and allow to stand overnight.

Already printed out your recipe. Sounds like a keeper. Thanks for sharing.

I LOVE recipes that are made the night before and are ready to pop in the oven the next morning!

This looks great to me, PA! Saved in my "Breakfast" file - thanks!

Lee

SizzlininIN said:
Yummy..I know I'd devour them. Unfort. I just discovered our little guy doesn't like butterscotch pudding . :(

You know what, Sizz? You'd never know there's butterscotch pudding in them! I think it just contributes to the gooey, caramel-y stuff. They taste no different from regular sticky buns!:)

PA Baker said:
You know what, Sizz? You'd never know there's butterscotch pudding in them! I think it just contributes to the gooey, caramel-y stuff. They taste no different from regular sticky buns!:)

Awesome......I'm going to make the on Sunday then....thanks!

PA Baker said:

1/2 cup pecan halves
18 frozen dinner rolls
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Could you tell me what dinner rolls you use? I was at WalMart this morning and the ones I looked at are all so small. I think the name of them was Rhodes.There was 24 in the package. Thanks.

I second JoAnn's question.

Also, I have to say these sound delicious! I will definitely be making them soon!

JoAnn L. said:
Could you tell me what dinner rolls you use? I was at WalMart this morning and the ones I looked at are all so small. I think the name of them was Rhodes.There was 24 in the package. Thanks.

I used the Rhodes. They are small, and the pan looks really strange when you follow the directions but you'll be shocked at what it looks like when you go into the kitchen the next morning! THe "dough balls" thaw and rise to full dinner roll/sticky bun size, filling the pan completely.:ohmy: :)

I think my bag of Rhodes rolls had 36 rolls in it--I figured it was enough to make two pans worth!

PA Baker

Thanks for the information. I did buy the bag of Rhodes so I will be making your recipe tomorrow. Can't wait!!!!

PA Baker said:

1/2 cup pecan halves
18 frozen dinner rolls
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

PA, the recipe doesn't say whether they should stand at room temp or in the refrigerator. Could you clarify, please?

Thanks.

Delicious!!

PA Baker said:
I hope everyone likes them, JoAnn! I'll be anxious to hear what you think!:chef:

I can't thank you enough for your recipe. They are wonderful. My DH came in from his church this morning and said what is that wonderful smell. I said, if you like that, wait until you taste them. Thanks again for sharing.

Just had to add that my DIL stopped by this morning and I sent some of the Sticky Buns home with her and my son David just called to say, thanks mom, there were awesome.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom