Eyemouth Tart (sometimes known as Borders tart)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ishbel

Executive Chef
Eyemouth Tart

(Eyemouth is a small fishing village on the east coast near the Border with England). I always make at least one for our Hogmanay celebrations.

Pastry
4 oz plain flour
2.5 oz butter
1 oz caster sugar
1 egg yolk

Filling
2 oz chopped wlanuts
2 oz raisins
2 oz coconut (dessicated)
2 oz glace cherries
3 oz caster sugar
2 oz melted butter
1 egg

Icing
2 oz icing sugar
enough lemon juice to mix sugar to a smooth paste

Make the pastry. Chill and then rollout to fit an 8 inch flan or quiche tin.

Mix all the dry ingredients for the filling, add the egg and melted butter. Spread the filling on the pastry. Bake at gas mark 5 or 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F for approx 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is cooked (not an exact science as we all know!)

Mix icing and then drizzle over the tart whilst it is still warm.

This tart should be served cold, but not chilled.

Ishbel, you must never, ever leave this site. I think I have made more of YOUR recipes lately than my own! This is another must try, only I will be using Craisins (just bought a new bag), and pecans (and won't let youngest daughter try any!). Thank you again.

Think of me as a missionary, Alix!

I love my country's cuisine - and am keen to spread the word :LOL: Thank you for your appreciation.

i was wondering what hogmany was. boy, the scots have funny names for their frequent celebrations. ishbel, thanks for being our scottish missionary. i have heard of many of the dishes you post recipes for, part of my family being scottish, but i would have never been able to guess the ingredients. thanks a bunch...

Alix
Hogmanay is New Year's Eve. We have lots of traditions surrounding the festival.

My home town of Edinburgh hosts what it boasts is the biggest, best street party in the world...

I posted some info on the topic somewhere on here.... just can't remember where! Here's the official Edinburgh Hogmanay site.
http://www.edinburghshogmanay.org/

Well, we get lots of American Mormon missionaries here, so I suppose this is a fair trade.... 8)

Hey Ishbel have you by any chance got a good recipe for tablet? I have been craving some tooth rot and I havent had my chance to get some since my Dad last went home and brought me back some.

Would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom