Freezing a Fresh Peach Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
I had fresh peaches enough to make 2 hearty pies, which are baking now.
I was wondering if anyone has ever frozen one after it been cooked and cooled. Were the results good? Thank you

Indeed! I've only frozen apple and pumpkin pies, but you can buy frozen peach pies at the grocer, so I suspect they can be frozen, just wrap those bundles of love very well.

Last edited:
They just came out of oven and they look and smell great. I might not have to worry about freezing it. thanks all.
Crust is not Pillsbury - homemade with 1/2 Crisco 1/2 butter

Last edited:
For the record, twice a year Marie Callender has a pie sale where all pies are $7.99 for the whole month of February and the whole month of October. Many times I have purchased pies at the end of the sale, wrapped them in aluminium foil, put them in a plastic freezer bag, and stuck them in my deep freeze for later use. They always came back to life like they had never been frozen.

Once cooked I would think that they would freeze well. Unbaked I'd be afraid that it would get too juicy once thawed and baking.

I would thaw it in the fridge overnight, pop it into a hot oven for 15 or 20 minutes and top it with some vanilla ice cream. :yum:

Last edited:
We always freeze our pies unbaked, wrapped in two layers of freezer paper. We've done rhubarb, blueberry, apple, and double-crusted peach pie this way since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. I "think" the additional bake time from frozen is 15-20 minutes.

The other thing we do is line a pie pan with foil, fill it with the filling, freeze it, dump it out (okay, not dump, you don't want to break the frozen fruit), and then wrap it so all we have to do is make the pastry and dump the filling in.

Last edited:
how much?:huh:
How much filling or how much would I charge?:LOL: Can't do this across the border. The filling is 4-5 cups, the same as if you were baking a pie, but w/out the crust (when just freezing the filling). Are you saying you don't make pies, BT? That was the first thing I learned how to do--not counting canned corn, boiled hotdogs, and open-faced cheese "sandwiches" on broil in the oven. I can remember doing this with my mom before I went to school (so I must have been 5 or 6), and again with my grandma when I was 8. My grandma taught me how to know that the dough was right by the feel of it--same with bread dough. If I must say so myself, I make pretty darn good crusts (the secret ingredient is ... oh, if I tell you, I'd have to kill you).:LOL::ROFLMAO: The irony is I make one sweet pie a year--Flora B.'s peach cream pie. I make the odd crust every now and again, but pie is not my thing. Correction--sweets are not my thing. If I make a pie, I test the crust once baked, but only eat peach cream pie. The rest I leave for the others to eat.

Last edited:
lol, cws.

how much for the whole pie? :pig:

yes, we make pies but not very often. peach is my all time fave. peach ic cream is great too.

btw, you can tell me the secret.

then you'll have to catch me. i'd think it would be like hiking in bear country with dw; i would just have to out run her...

Back
Top Bottom