Has anyone tried the Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk pecan pie recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texherp

Senior Cook
I want to try this recipe for pecan pie to bring to a potluck I'm going to. The theme is wild game and I want to make a pie out of the pecans I collected (I don't hunt, I gather ;)). Does this recipe look good to ya'll. There are so many dang recipes out there for pecan pie, I figured I'd just go with the one off the can.

I'm tempted to add tablespoon of flour to the mix, but maybe I shouldn't mess with it.

Thanks!

Perfect Pecan Pie

1 egg
1 can (300 mL) Regular or Low Fat Eagle Brand®
1 cup (250 mL) dark corn syrup
1/4 tsp (1 mL) maple extract
1 ( 23 cm/9 in) frozen pastry shell, unbaked
1 cup (250 mL) pecan halves

Beat egg until frothy; thoroughly blend in Eagle Brand, corn syrup and maple extract.
Pour filling into unbaked pie shell. Top with pecans.
Bake in preheated 425ºF (220ºC) oven 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350°F (180°C) and bake 25 minutes longer or until centre is softly set. Do not overbake. Cool before cutting.

My SIL makes an incredible pecan pie, she got her recipe off of a can, but I'm not sure which can. This sounds just like it. She uses a lot of pecan halves. No flour.

I trust Eagle Brand recipes. No fail caramels, pumpkin pie, etc.

Last edited:
I trust Eagle Brand recipes. No fail caramels, pumpkin pie, etc.

I've always had great results with recipes using Eagle Brand, too, so I'd like to try their pecan pie.

Did anyone see the cooking show - I think it was specifically on desserts - where one of the recipes showed cooking the sweetened condensed in the can in a water bath for 4 hours, until it became caramelized? Seems like that would make for something extremely yummy, and something we who love pecan pie could go for. :yum:

Yeah, I've heard of doing that, but haven't tried it yet. There was a recipe for "New Orleans Praline Pecan Pie" recipe I had found that caramelized the SCM before using it in the recipe.

I've always had great results with recipes using Eagle Brand, too, so I'd like to try their pecan pie.

Did anyone see the cooking show - I think it was specifically on desserts - where one of the recipes showed cooking the sweetened condensed in the can in a water bath for 4 hours, until it became caramelized? Seems like that would make for something extremely yummy, and something we who love pecan pie could go for. :yum:

I saw Paula do it on one of her shows once, but she just put it in a casserole and shoved it in the oven until it turned into a toffee-like substance.

Re: pecan pie - I use the recipe on the Karo syrup bottle and add a tablespoon of cornmeal to the mix. Love the results.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom