Hershey's Sundae Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kirby

Assistant Cook
:) Hello. I wondering if anyone knows how to make a sundae pie like the ones at burger king? Here's a picture of what it looks like, along with its nutritional info.

hersheypie.jpg

facts-01-02s058c.png

This one seems to be the same:

http://www.edwardsbaking.com/win_recipe/toffeeDream.htm

There's a similar pie that I get at the cafeteria by my work. It's very soft, light as if made of whipped cream, and very creamy. I would love to know how to make one of these. Can anyone help?

Kirby!

I found this one, I haven't tried it.

Burger King’s Hershey Sundae Pie Clone
1 chocolate pie crust (store bought or Hershey crumb recipe) Layer 2: 8 ounces cream cheese 3/4 cup powdered sugar 8 ounces Cool-Whip 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Layer 3: 1 - 3 oz box chocolate pudding Milk
Whip cheese until softened. Blend in powdered sugar and remaining ingredients and place on crust. Make pudding as directed, but minus 1/2 cup milk. Top pie with pudding mixture. Finish with Cool Whip and chocolate curls.

Last edited:
Hi Kirby, a big welcome to DC! :chef:

I don't have the pie recipe that your looking for, sorry but I think that the one Letscook posted sounds awesome! If you try it, let us know how it turns out :)

Bienvenue, Kirby. thanks for this post. I just discovered this little treat last week while cruising thru the Burger King lineup to get my Death-in-a-Bag lunch and decided to be a total pig and get the pie too.

That little pie is delicious, so something made out of real stuff has got to be a winner.

:-p Thanks to you all, I'll let you know how the above recipe turns out after I get all the ingredients.

Thanks again

Kirby!

letscook, I thought I edited my post from yesterday to thank you as the originator of the recipe Kirby was looking for, but must have forgot to hit the right button at the right time.

anyway, thanks.

When Iposted this recipe I had never tried it as yet and I finally tried this recipe - instead of the choc. curls I used mini choc chips. All i can say is YUMMY !!!!!.
I think I would make it in a cake pan and double the recipe for a crowd. and make the chocolte crumb crust or buy 2 pie crust and dump them in the cake pan. It was really good. YUMMY YUMMY.

ok since the family was hooked on this recipe, I decided to try it in a different flavor. I use a shortbread pie crust and lemon pudding and the result were a empty pie dish. and almost a fight over the crumbs.
I think i will try next with bannana or pistashio pudding and a gram cracker crust.
It is so simple to throw together to.

Last edited:
If you have a chocoholic or two in your family, I think you will appreciate any or all of the Hershey's Chocolate Cookbooks. They are beautifully illustrated and the recipes are easy to follow, even for young bakers. Some of those books are still in print, the rest you may find at yard sales or used bookstores. My experience is that they are well worth looking for! :)

One of the Hershey's Chocolate Cookbook is on the Bargain Priced section at Barnes and Nobel, in GA anyway.:)

Oh no, pleeeease don't insist that I buy another cookbook. That's like throwing a rabbit into the briar patch.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom