I Don't Want To Use Cool Whip!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
SO's sister from FL is visiting and mentioned peanut butter pie. It's a real simple recipe.

Cream cheese, peanut butter and Cool Whip. Blend the cream cheese and peanut butter then fold in the cool whip and put it into a graham cracker crust and freeze. There are variations on how you can decorate the top.

My question is this: If I make whipped cream with powdered sugar and vanilla as a substitute for Cool Whip and fold that into the pie, will it hold up or break down and turn watery?

I think I'd stick with Cool Whip, SO's sister might notice that it isn't "quite right". And Cool Whip won't break, no matter what!

Last edited:
I think I'd stick with Cool Whip, SO's sister might notice that it isn't "quite right". And Cool Whip won't break, no matter what!

I despise Cool Whip and won't use it. That's why I want to know if I can substitute for it.

Hmm...if it was served like an Ice Cream Cake, I would use the whipped cream.

Buy the Cool Whip that says it has cream in it.

I despise Cool Whip and won't use it. That's why I want to know if I can substitute for it.

Have you read the list of ingredients? All chemicals!!! I don't blame you. I would go for the real whipped cream. Make a small one and see what happens. Those preformed graham cracker crusts in the foil pie tin are quite small. You just may find that it won't last long enough to worry about leftovers. Just serve large pieces to everyone. :angel:

Ew, gross. No, not just once. Especially if he has to make it. It's not the same thing as being gracious and eating it at someone else's house.

:LOL: :sigh: Food snobs. What can ya do.

I like Cool Whip, especially the one made with real cream. Thinking I may try this recipe as is!

Last edited:
Reminds me of the commercial where the customer orders a piece of pie and the waitress asks, "oil or cream". Here's a chance for Andy to introduce SO's sister to something better.

There is oil in the peanut butter and oil in the Cool Whip. I can hear Andy's arteries hardening. :angel:

Last edited:
;) I finally have a title of distinction! Food Snob. Thank you Dawg. :angel:

We'll add that to your profile, Addie! :LOL:

Thinking. I've frozen some desserts with real whipped cream on top, and some with whipped cream in the cake layers, they survived intact, no weeping or breakage. So I think it should be OK as a sub for Cool Whip. You have my blessing.

Last edited:
SO's sister from FL is visiting and mentioned peanut butter pie. It's a real simple recipe.

Cream cheese, peanut butter and Cool Whip.

Andy, please think about this. Is mentioning this really warrant acting on it? Can't you talk about your favorite desserts that you like to make? Desserts that don't use Cool Whip?:LOL:

Cream cheese, peanut butter and Cool Whip. Blend the cream cheese and peanut butter then fold in the cool whip and put it into a graham cracker crust and freeze. There are variations on how you can decorate the top.

My question is this: If I make whipped cream with powdered sugar and vanilla as a substitute for Cool Whip and fold that into the pie, will it hold up or break down and turn watery?

Add gelatin to the whiped cream!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom