ISO: Cinnamon Crispy Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wannacook

Assistant Cook
Please see the photo I listed. These are light, puffy and crispy. Kind of like a pie crust but much lighter. Also, the dough is usually formed in a spiral (like one of those big hard candy suckers at Disneyland). The undersides have a bit of a sugary crust like melted sugar. These used to be sold by Vons grocery store and I just discovered that they are sold at Disneyland. When I search online for a recipe, they are all made using tortillas. That's not what these are. I came across some today being sold by a bakery at a Cajun festival. The ingredients listed are only sugar, flour, vegetable shortening, cinnamon and salt, in that order. Can anyone tell me how to make these? Thanks!!!

They are just basic pastry (lots of recipes for that on here. Look up either pastry or pie crust) and then it is baked with the sugar and cinnamon.

If you don't feel like making your own pastry just buy a package of pillsbury and roll it out in to the shape you like, brush with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and bake it in the oven for a bit. It will be delish!

You can make them out of puff pastry. You can buy it frozen, cut it in strips, brush with butter & cinnamon sugar. Then twist the strands and coil into the big circle.

Bake and the strands will puff up - as you described "lighter than pie crust".

where's the photo?
and just curious, why would you want puff pastry with toasted bread? Do you use the puff pastry instead of the toasted bread?

This looks like what my mom used to do with leftover pie pastry. My siblings and I liked this almost as much as the pies.

where's the photo?
and just curious, why would you want puff pastry with toasted bread? Do you use the puff pastry instead of the toasted bread?

the link to the pic is the " 1 " next to "images"

Profile:

reputation_pos.gif

;)

Back
Top Bottom