ISO help w/cookie crust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm. Sounds like lemon bars but with more filling to enjoy. How could that be bad? I wonder if some finely chopped walnuts in the crust for crunch would be good.

Sounds like it would be good.

You have got me wondering if a pouch of peanut butter cookie mix would make a good crust for a chocolate cream pie.

Let us know how you make out!

Sounds like it would be good.

You have got me wondering if a pouch of peanut butter cookie mix would make a good crust for a chocolate cream pie.

Let us know how you make out!

That sounds great! I would use a lemon shortbread as a pie crust for lemon tarts...and chopped pecans in the shortbread.

OK, guys - that did it. I have to back away from the screen and try to forget all this deliciousness before I go coat a stick of butter with sugar and skip supper altogether.

ok i think i have it figured it out. the cookie dough would burn before filling is cooked. so will roll out dough, cut rounds and place in cupcake pan. dock the bottom . bake off. i will make the filling in my convection oven and fill the cookie crusts. i don't care for meringue so won't make it. what do you baking experts think. gonna do tomorrow.

ok i think i have it figured it out. the cookie dough would burn before filling is cooked. so will roll out dough, cut rounds and place in cupcake pan. dock the bottom . bake off. i will make the filling in my convection oven and fill the cookie crusts. i don't care for meringue so won't make it. what do you baking experts think. gonna do tomorrow.

Sounds perfect, Babe!

And so? Your results? Waiting with best bib & tucker.

butter is softening and egg is coming to room temp. then i will bake. will certainly let you all know how it turned out. late start today, lots of coffee and newspaper.

these came out pretty good. i think next time i would put cookie dough on the backs of the cupcake pans. they puffed quite a bit even with docking. i checked at about 7 min and pressed down some of the puff with back of teaspoon. otherwise would not be deep enough for the filling. then i baked about 2 min. more. they are very crunchy, so maybe less. i used a skewer to get out of pans. all twelve came out perfectly. then i made the eagle brand lemon filling for pie. cooked on med. in microwave for five minutes. almost curdled the eggs. so would suggest same amount of time at lower setting. all and all was successful. just as easy as to make a regular tart crust, i think. but i made them with what i had. my son has slowly gotten all my pie plates to his house, so that is why no pie. lol

these came out pretty good. i think next time i would put cookie dough on the backs of the cupcake pans. they puffed quite a bit even with docking. i checked at about 7 min and pressed down some of the puff with back of teaspoon. otherwise would not be deep enough for the filling. then i baked about 2 min. more. they are very crunchy, so maybe less. i used a skewer to get out of pans. all twelve came out perfectly. then i made the eagle brand lemon filling for pie. cooked on med. in microwave for five minutes. almost curdled the eggs. so would suggest same amount of time at lower setting. all and all was successful. just as easy as to make a regular tart crust, i think. but i made them with what i had. my son has slowly gotten all my pie plates to his house, so that is why no pie. lol

Gee, Babetoo. What a dandy idea (a why-didn't-I-ever-think-of-that-one for me). Do you ever do that with plain pie pastry? I believe I'll give it a try - maybe with Aunt Bea's flavor suggestions. Then again, lemon....all the lemon talk on DC lately, besides setting off a lot of lip-smacking, must be causing a lemon-run all across the continent - maybe world-wide.

Back
Top Bottom