ISO Klobasnicky Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulmack

Assistant Cook
I am looking for a Czech recipe for Klobasniky. This is sometimes offered as Kolache, but it is not the same. Klobasniky is also sometimes called Pigs in a Blanket. The difference seems to be the dough.
If anyone can help, I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Paulmack - as a 100% Czech on both sides of the family, I'll ask my parents about it. I'd be very surprised if they didn't know or have a recipe for it.

:whistling It's been 29 whole minutes - you don't have that recipe yet?
1.gif

A.M. girl, a.m. My dear golden oldsters hit the sack really early, so I'll give them a ringy-ding tomorrow morning & ask.

Like I said, I'd be VERY surprised if they didn't know what it was. If for some reason they don't, I did inherit an old Czech cookbook years ago & if I can scare that up, it would probably have the recipe as well.

Either way, I'll report back General Kitchelf - LOL!!!!!!

I haven't forgotten you :).

Parents weren't home this morning, or even early this afternoon. Might have been a "doctor" day. And this afternoon & evening I'm going to be "barn busy" due to frozen hoses & having to bucket warm water out to the horses.

Well - sorry, but no luck with either my parents, their Czech cookbook, or my Czech cookbook.

While we do know Klobasy as a frankfurter-like sausage, my parents (as well as all our relatives) always made "Pigs in a Blanket" the "American" way - i.e. rolling little sausages in Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough & baking them.

HOWEVER - I just did a websearch for "Klobasnicky" & more than a DOZEN recipes came up. Did you try a websearch for this?!?

Back
Top Bottom