ISO quick and tasty dessert for 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
Ok so i have to make a "treat" for 30 people on Wednesday . I need soemthing quick and easy but also dang tasty. Most of the class is girls (i have to impress) so i guess chocolate will work but then again i want to make something unique and different but i have no idea what.

So i came here for some recipes. Please share if you want to, some of your fav desserts or treats that are tasty quick and easy.

thanx

I just made this over the weekend... it would fall into the category of quick and easy and tasty! One pie serves 8, so you'd need to make 4 or 5.

Fudge Sundae Pie
1/4 cup corn syrup
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
3 Tbsp. oleo 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
Combine syrup, sugar, and oleo and cook over low heat until mixture begins to boil.
fudgepie1.jpg

Remove from heat and add Rice Krispies. Press evenly in greased pie pan.
Mix:
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup fudge sauce
3 Tbsp. light Karo (I used the same stuff as the corn syrup above)
fudgepie9.jpg
I actually didn’t know what they meant by fudge sauce, but I thought I couldn’t go wrong with this, so this is what I used.
fudgepie2.jpg

Spread half of mixture over crust.
fudgepie3.jpg

Spread 1 quart vanilla ice cream over mixture. Ok, I usually try to follow recipes exactly so I can feature them accurately, but once in awhile, I just can’t help but substitute, like now… Caramel Collision ice cream won over boring vanilla ice cream here.
Freeze. Before serving, warm remaining sauce and drizzle over the top.
fudgepie4.jpg
It didn’t exactly drizzle (and I warmed it till it was bubbling), so I put it into a baggie and snipped the corner off and piped it on. Maybe I used the wrong ‘fudge sauce’.
fudgepie5.jpg

fudgepie6.jpg

fudgepie7.jpg

Sorry, hope that's not too many pictures... I just copied the recipe from my cooking blog.

Last edited:
that looks dang good. Ok so what is oleo and since i have to take it to class, imaffraid the ice cream will melt. So should i take the ice cream with me and spread it over when i get there or just scoop on top of it?

It's butter or maybe margarine, but I always use butter. Yeah, I never call it that either.

Good question about the ice cream melting. Is there a freezer there? It needs to sit out for 10 min or so, so that you can cut it easier, but yeah it would start melting after awhile.

To tell you the truth i have no idea if there is a freezer or not. It takes me 6 minutes to get to class and then i would have to wait for others to show up. But i think there might be a freezer. Its at a church building and i know they have a kitchen.

It's butter or maybe margarine, but I always use butter. Yeah, I never call it that either.

Good question about the ice cream melting. Is there a freezer there? It needs to sit out for 10 min or so, so that you can cut it easier, but yeah it would start melting after awhile.

If you make it ahead and freeze them solid, they will need 30 minutes out of the freezer to be cuttable. so if you are serving them upon your arrival, you probably won't need to worry about them melting. Unless you live in a "summer all year" location.

Me, I'd make them cream cheese brownies, or either regular brownies with chopped macadamia nuts and swirls of seedless raspberry jam in them. Easy to make, easy to carry, easy to serve never any left! ;)

If you make it ahead and freeze them solid, they will need 30 minutes out of the freezer to be cuttable. so if you are serving them upon your arrival, you probably won't need to worry about them melting. Unless you live in a "summer all year" location.

Me, I'd make them cream cheese brownies, or either regular brownies with chopped macadamia nuts and swirls of seedless raspberry jam in them. Easy to make, easy to carry, easy to serve never any left! ;)

Whats a good French desert? one thats easy though

How about brownies? You can add kaluha or chocolate chips or frost and sprinkle with toffy bars.

Last edited:
Whats a good French desert? one thats easy though

You asked for easy? This is EASY! :chef:

Chocolate Mousse

This is one of the easiest desserts in the world to prepare. Your friends will be so impressed. They’ll think you slaved for hours! They’ll never know if you don’t tell them.

makes 6 to 8 servings

1/2 pound best quality semi-sweet chocolate

6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
6 large eggs, separated
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
1/8 teaspoon sea salt

1. Cut the chocolate into one-inch pieces and place in the top of a double boiler. Over shimmering water, melt the chocolate over low heat. When melted, add the butter. Blend well. Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.

2. Place the egg yolks and the sugar in a large mixing bowl. With a large wire whisk, beat well for about 4 minutes, until the mixture is very thick and lemon-colored.
3. Add the chocolate mixture to the yolks and blend well with a rubber spatula.
4. Beat the egg whites with the salt and 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff. Do not overbeat. The mixture should be shiny and hold a peak. Fold them into the cooled chocolate mixture. Spoon the mousse into a serving bowl and chill until ready to serve.

Teacher’s Tips: 1. This mousse can be made 24 hours before serving. If made the same day, allow four hours for cooling in the refrigerator.

2.You can "Superfine" regular cane sugar by whirling it in your Cuisinart fitted with the metal blade for a few seconds.)
3. I love to serve Chocolate Mousse in oversized wine glasses, and fill the top with Mocha Whipped Cream.

You asked for easy? This is EASY! :chef:

Chocolate Mousse

This is one of the easiest desserts in the world to prepare. Your friends will be so impressed. They’ll think you slaved for hours! They’ll never know if you don’t tell them.

makes 6 to 8 servings

1/2 pound best quality semi-sweet chocolate

6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
6 large eggs, separated
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
1/8 teaspoon sea salt

1. Cut the chocolate into one-inch pieces and place in the top of a double boiler. Over shimmering water, melt the chocolate over low heat. When melted, add the butter. Blend well. Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.

2. Place the egg yolks and the sugar in a large mixing bowl. With a large wire whisk, beat well for about 4 minutes, until the mixture is very thick and lemon-colored.
3. Add the chocolate mixture to the yolks and blend well with a rubber spatula.
4. Beat the egg whites with the salt and 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff. Do not overbeat. The mixture should be shiny and hold a peak. Fold them into the cooled chocolate mixture. Spoon the mousse into a serving bowl and chill until ready to serve.

Teacher’s Tips: 1. This mousse can be made 24 hours before serving. If made the same day, allow four hours for cooling in the refrigerator.

2.You can "Superfine" regular cane sugar by whirling it in your Cuisinart fitted with the metal blade for a few seconds.)
3. I love to serve Chocolate Mousse in oversized wine glasses, and fill the top with Mocha Whipped Cream.

salmonella poisoning from uncooked eggs, is that possible?

At our local supermarket, you can purchase Athens brand pre-cooked phyllo dough pastry cups. They are about an inch wide by 1/2 inch high. They make great tart shells. Last weekend, I experimented with two fillings that came out simply wonderful.

The first filling I made used about 1/4 cup sweetened, condensed milk, comibined with about 2 tbs. butter, and a half cup of broken pecans. I mixed the ingredients together and spooned the mixture into the phyllo cups. I baked 20 of these at level 2 in my microwave for 1 minute. The flavor was pure pecan-pie, but in a bite-sized desert that allowed you to indulge your sweet tooth without feeling like you've blown two weeks worth of sugar allowance in one sitting.

The second filling was made by using a 1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk to which key-lime juice was added and stirred in until it tasted jsut right. I then added about three tbs. of egg-wash made from 1 egg and 3 tbs. water. I mixed the egg wash and key-lime/condensed milk mixture together and spooned into the phylo cups. Again, I baked on level 2 for 2 minutes. The tarts tasted exactly like key-lime pie. But the filling, though filled to the brim, condensed into a little spit inside the tart crust. So fill with whipped cream. It has all the flavor, but doesn't look great without the whipped cream.

You could also put fresh blueberries, or sliced strawberries into the cups and top with whipped cream. This would give the tarts a French-provincial feel.

Hope this helps.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I would keep in mind you're cooking for 30 people. Make sure you have the right size cooking pans, serving dishes etc. I would not try to scale a recipe up or down - that's just me. Tiramisu (times 2) or trifle will feed a bunch. You could try a google for cooking for a crowd. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom