ISO uses for pre-made pie crust, besides pie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I have to ready made pie crusts in the freezer. I've never used them before, always made my own.

Anyone have ideas for recipes to use these for beside a fruit pie?

I use them in my chicken pies (they're really good - made with cream cheese in the filling). I know the recipe's floating around here, but if you need it, I can post it for you.

On the same line, how about cutting it with a pastry cutter into long strips, brushing a bit of melted butter on it, then shaking cinnamon sugar over the tops. Twist each strip to look like a spiral pool slide and bake till golden.

Continuing Jkath's thought, just leave the crust whole, spread with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, then roll up and cut into 1/2" slices. Place in pie pan or on baking sheet and bake at 375 until golden.
Cut in strips and bake as is for strawberry shortcake. Piecrust goes great with the berries.
Or spread the strips with jelly!

Angie, I posted recipes for Tomato pie that's yummy, and Inside-out pizza pie, but unable to locate it. Will go to my recipe files, if you're interested. Some more suggestions:

Quiche, Calzone, Samosas, Wellingtons, Chicken salad pie (let me know if you would like the recipe), under zucchini ideas, I posted a link for a zuke/tomato pie. Have you ever tried a Runza (ground beef, onions etc, wrapped in dough)? Beef stew baked between two pie crusts is another thought.

Lots 'n lotsa pies:

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/search/searchResults.aspx?SearchString=pies

Are you sure I can't talk you into this Cream Cheese Brownie Pie? :)

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=11561

Last edited:
I tried making empanadas with pie crust and it just flaked away as it cooked!!! It was a disaster!!

There's always the (not-for-the-diet-concious) ((Bacon)) Cheeseburger Pie.

What about a quiche with jumbo lumo crab, roasted red peppers, baby spinach, and some green onion.....just assemble and bake, no muss, no fuss.

Back
Top Bottom