It's like an Almond Joy, but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I made a dumb-simple desert last night that really tasted great, but am not sure what to call it. Let me explain. (I promise I won't get long-winded on this;)). I wanted some pudding, and had some sugar-free vanilla instant in the pantry. I know, not made from scratch, but quick at 11 p.m. I din't want plain vanilla though and so I used a sugar free chocolate milk flavoring to make chocolate milk, and added that to the pudding mix. It made a nice milk chocolate flavored pudding. But still not satisfied, I added a couple drops of coconut extract and stirred it in before the pudding had time to set. It tasted like an Almond Joy candy bar, without the almonds. I was wishing I had some in my cupboard right then. But we can't use the name - Almond Joy as it is a trademark name. So, what do we call this? I'm not sure, but with some slivered or roasted almonds, it would be fantastic. Or, add a bit of unsweetend cocoa powder to the pudding mix and you could have a Mounds flavor, all dark and rich. Names aside, go ahead and try this flavor combination. It's really pretty good.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I make something just like that. I buy Oreo chocolate pie crust. I coat the inside of the pie crust with Hershey Chocolate Syrup . Then I make a coconut cream pie filling (from scratch) and add roasted almonds to the filling. Pour this into the pie. Let pie totally cool. For the top of the pie, I use cool Whip. I add a little of the chocolate Hershey's Syrup to the Cool Whip to add color and chocolate taste. I top the pie with this. Then I sprinkle with roasted shredded coconut and almonds. On top of that, I drizzle a nice design with the Hershey Syrup. It is delicious! I tell everyone if they like an Almond Joy bar, they will love this pie.

Back
Top Bottom