Jymm's favorite Chocolate Cheese Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
I don't know where I got this recipe from- I think Home Ec in Jr. High-but, it was always one of my son Jymm's favorite desserts- I hope you enjoy it too :)
Chocolate Cheese Pie

1 cup sugar

3 (8oz) pkgs.cream cheese

5 eggs

1 TBSP vanilla

1 TBSP lemon juice

1 (4oz) pkg Sweet German Baking Chocolate, melted and cooled (I have always used Baker's)

Preheat oven 350
Add sugar to cream cheese in a bowl, blending well.Beat in eggs one at a time; add vanilla.Measure 2 cups of cheese mixture into another bowl; fold in chocolate.Add lemon juice to remaining cheese mixture; pour into a well buttered 10 inch pie pan.Top with chocolate mixture.Swirl chocolate lightly through the bottom layer.Bake for 45-50 minutes.Cool completely on wire rack then chill.

Vicki! That sounds so good (and quick!)
I've got everything on hand, so perhaps I'll bake one this week and let you know what my family thought:chef:

Thanks for posting!

Vicki! - Your Chocolate Cheese Pie sounds delicious and I love chocolate. I am supposed to be on a diet but it is really hard for me when I see such a delicious receipe. I will copy it and put it in my receipe file.

Thanks for sharing and have a lovely day.

Vicki - in a word - YUM!!
I made this yesterday and got a big thumbs up from the family. One question though - I made it, just as the recipe stated, but got a big crack all the way around it, about 1" from the edge. Any idea why that happened?

PS - The kids thought the crack was supposed to be there and told me the dessert looked cool
smile.gif
smile.gif

(((jkath)))I'm so glad you and yours enjoyed it!!! I always get the gigantic crater too- I tried baking it in a water bath once and it didn't crack but, I sure got complaints from the peanut gallery that the pie had lost it's character-so I have never baked it in a water bath again!!!Everytime I make it the crack comes out differently-I guess it doesn't bother me anymore because it still tastes great.Hope this helps!! Love and energy, Vicki

Back
Top Bottom