Kahlua Pie tnt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Tasty be it warm or cold outside;)
For the crust mix 1 cup graham or chocolate crackers crushed 2 tab. butter melted and 2 Tab. Kahlua, mix well press into bottom and sides of a 9 in. pie plate.Chill for 10 minutes.
Filling; Heat
1/2 c. milk to boiling. Add 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin and Kahula: stir til dissolved. In a f/p or blender mix in 2 eggs,1/2c. sugar and 1/3 c. vodka.With machine running pour in milk mix and and blend well. Transfer to a bowl. Chill 15 to 30 min or til slightly thickened. Stir occasionaly. Fold in the gelatin mixture into 1/12 cups whipped cream, Pour into prepared crust. Chill til set. About 3 hours/
sprinkle shaved chocolate on top just before serving.
enjoy
kades

Last edited:
This sounds awesome, but I'm gonna change it a bit. Instead of 2T of Kahlua I'm gonna make it 2T for the graham cracker crust and a large glass of kahlua and cream for me. LOL!!! :LOL:

You rascal you. I dare ya:LOL:
kades

I except your dare!

I'm not really a drinker, but I absolutely love straight kahlua. I hate it when your at a restaurant/bar and ask for a kahlua and cream. They come back with this little glass filled with ice first, then 4/5 of the way with milk and then a skimpy shot of kahlua. Last time I was out with friends at christmas time I ordered one and was shocked at what $8.00 got me. If I make one at home I use a tall ice tea glass filled with ice, with 3/4 of the way with kahlua and then the rest milk.

I except your dare!

I'm not really a drinker, but I absolutely love straight kahlua. I hate it when your at a restaurant/bar and ask for a kahlua and cream. They come back with this little glass filled with ice first, then 4/5 of the way with milk and then a skimpy shot of kahlua. Last time I was out with friends at christmas time I ordered one and was shocked at what $8.00 got me. If I make one at home I use a tall ice tea glass filled with ice, with 3/4 of the way with kahlua and then the rest milk.
Well you 've got a partner in crime, I love the stuff.My favorite drink.
kades

many, many moons ago black russians were something i drank a lot of. fav. though was irish mist in a brandy snifter. i was a serious drinker coming off an awful divorce.

many, many moons ago black russians were something i drank a lot of. fav. though was irish mist in a brandy snifter. i was a serious drinker coming off an awful divorce.
I don't blame you. There are times we all need some thing to sooth the soul.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom