Kringle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candelbc

Senior Cook
Has anyone here successfully made a Kringle? I saw them on TV and found a few recipes.. They look good...

I am just curious if anyone has any experience making it?

-Brad

OH, man!! We used to get one every year from a Chicago bakery--and now that you have reminded me, I need to go find that address. They are addictive wonderful pastries--Danish for real.
I don't think they should be difficult. But I don't have a recipe.

My Ex Mother in law (Alice.. Bless her) Used to make Kringle and if I can find the recipe I will post it. I tried to make it once and it is not as easy as it looked when she made it!!!! She made the best :) I remember it is all in the wrist. You have to beat it up really good and then "It is just a matter for spreading it just right on the cookie sheet" And don't forget the drizzle of frosting and the sprinkles!!!

I don't know enough about them.. It appears Gretchen is spot on. From the show I watched, it appeared to be just a puff like pastry that is layered and filled with miscelleous items.. It sounds AWESOME...

Gretchen, I could forward you some of the recipes I found and then if you happen to find time to try them, you could report... :D

-Brad

Galleywench said:
My Ex Mother in law (Alice.. Bless her) Used to make Kringle and if I can find the recipe I will post it. I tried to make it once and it is not as easy as it looked when she made it!!!! She made the best :) I remember it is all in the wrist. You have to beat it up really good and then "It is just a matter for spreading it just right on the cookie sheet" And don't forget the drizzle of frosting and the sprinkles!!!

You have definitely peaked my interest. If you happen to find the recipe, I'll definitely give it a try. From the show I watched, there is NO way I thought it looked easy..

-Brad

I found it :) !!!!!!
Kringle " Alice Williams 12/25/89
1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine
1 Cup Boiling water
1 Cup Sifted All-purpose flower
1/4 tsp salt
4 eggs
Melt butter in Boiling water. Add flower and salt all at once; stir vigorously "this is were the "I remember it is all in the wrist" comes into play!!!!!
cook stirring constantly until mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate! Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating vigorously!!! after each until smooth.
Spread onto a greased "Well Greased... mine stuck" cookie sheet. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes, 425 for 10 minutes and 350 for 12 minutes. Cool on a rack. When cool, drizzle powdered sugar and milk frosting over it. Decorate with Sprinkles.

Here is a google page of recipes. With all due respect to your DMIL, kringle is a yeast danish dough. Yours would also be delicious in a different style. It is basically a cream puff/gougere style dough.
Kringles are VERY flat, rich, flaky yeast pastry and come in all kinds of flavors--fruit, almond, cheese, and one I saw was butterscotch.
Thanks to the OP for calling this to attention!!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=kringle+%2B+recipe

Back
Top Bottom