Lemon concentrate and marshmallow pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marlene2

Cook
Hi - I am new to the forum. I had a recipe for a pie made with a bottom pastry crust - precooked and the ingredients were lemon concentrate, water, marshmallows and whip cream. I can't find this recipe anywhere - not even anything similiar on the net. Anyone know of this and, if so, would please send me the recipe. Thanks

Hi Marlene2 welcome to DC :) I found this recipe, could it be what you are looking for? Although it says cake it is a cheesecake.

Marshmallow Cake
[size=+0]This is a very light version of a cheesecake that I learned from a friend in Japan. A perfect recipe for people looking for something sweet to top off a meal. Prep Time: approx. 15 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 5 Minutes. Ready in: approx. 3 Hours 20 Minutes. Makes 8 servings. [/size]
[size=+0] Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Lola Smith

[/size][font=Arial, Helvetica, sanserif][size=+0][size=+0]1/2 (10.5 ounce) package marshmallows
1/2 cup milk
1 (8 ounce) package cream
cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
[/size]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sanserif][size=+0]1/2 lemon, juiced
1 cup heavy cream
1 (9 inch) prepared graham
cracker crust
[/size][/font]
Directions
1 In a saucepan on low heat, combine marshmallows and
milk. Cook until marshmallows are melted, and mixture starts
to boil. Remove from heat.
2 In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir
in egg yolk. Fold in 1/3 of the melted marshmallow
mixture, then quickly fold in remaining marshmallow until no
streaks remain. Stir in lemon juice.
3 In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold
the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until no
streaks remain. Spread into graham crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours.

[/size][/font]

Oops just reread your question and realize that the pie I suggested could not be what you are looking for. Sorry about that. :(

Marlene2 said:
Hi - I am new to the forum. I had a recipe for a pie made with a bottom pastry crust - precooked and the ingredients were lemon concentrate, water, marshmallows and whip cream. I can't find this recipe anywhere - not even anything similiar on the net. Anyone know of this and, if so, would please send me the recipe. Thanks

Hi Marlene, welcome to the boards. I will ask my Mom for it. I know she has it. Best I can recall it was something like 25 marshmallows melted and then add the lemonade concentrate and pour into a pie shell and let set overnight. I will get the exact stuff for you tomorrow. She is at yoga tonight.

Oh good am glad someone will be able to help Marlene. I kept searching but kept finding recipes that I am interested in.....like

Mississippi Mud Pie
CDKitchen http://www.cdkitchen.com

Category: Chocolate Pie
Serves/Makes: 10 | Difficulty Level: 3 | Ready In: 1-2 hrs

1 prepared 9-inch pie shell
7 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
1 cup butter
1 tablespoon instant coffee
2 teaspoons hot water
3 eggs
2/3 cup half-and-half cream
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2/3 cup whipping cream, whipped

Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Bake crust 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 375F degrees.

Combine the instant coffee and hot water until coffee is dissolved. Break chocolate into pieces and place in a heavy pan with butter and coffee mixture. Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until chocolate and butter have melted. Remove from heat. Cool mixture slightly. Beat eggs and add to chocolate mixture along with half-and-half and sugar. Stir until well mixed. Pour filling into prebaked shell. Bake in preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and cool completely. Serve with a spoonful of whipped cream on each piece.

Recipe Location: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/301/Mississippi_Mud_Pie59687.shtml

Thanks all. Yes, Icy Mist, that was close, but no cigar. :) Thanks all for answering and Alix if your mom has it, I would appreciate the recipe. This one I am thinking of had 1 can of lemonade concentrate, water, marshmallows and then you whipped cream and mixed it all together. Something like that anyway.

1/2 cup concentrate
32 marshmallows
1 cup whipping cream

Melt marshmallows and juice concentrate together. Allow to cool. Whip the cream and fold into the marshmallow mixture. Pour into your prepared shell and chill for a few hours before serving.

A few notes.

Any flavour juice concentrate will work, but we like the citrus ones best. Lemon, Lime and orange.

For the crust, we usually use crushed chocolate wafers, but any graham cracker or baked pie shell works well too.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom