Lemon Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m79h84

Assistant Cook
I was wondering if maybe someone could help me. There is a really old recipe for a lemon pie made with eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and Eagle Brand® condensed milk and it is a no-bake pie. My grandmother used to make this pie years ago and now no one in the family can seem to find her recipe. She passed away several years ago and there is no way to get this recipe. If anyone has any idea what this recipe could be or knows any way that I might could find it, pelase let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.
Holly

I searched google and found one no bake but it didn't have the eggs in it. I don't think I would like a no bake with eggs..
Marge

I used to make one years ago that sounds like the one you are looking for, but it does contain eggs and no cooking. I wouldn't be sure it is safe to eat with no cooking.

My pleasure. I have to say that Eagle Brand has made holiday cooking MUCH easier for me. And someone very kindly posted how to make your own condensed milk here somewhere so you don't even need to buy the commercial stuff anymore!

licia said:
I used to make one years ago that sounds like the one you are looking for, but it does contain eggs and no cooking. I wouldn't be sure it is safe to eat with no cooking.

As long as you make sure to use VERY fresh eggs they are perfectly safe. Tiramisu for instance, contain lots of raw eggs, so as many mousse recipes contain uncooked, whipped eggwhites, just to name a few example.
Always use the eggs that are within a few days after being produced in this kind of recipe, though.

This looks like the very same recipe - but cooked - as the one I used. It makes me feel better to have the eggs cooked. I know the illnesses with eggs don't happen often, but it does seem less a worry.

Back
Top Bottom