Libby's pie, help/comments, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I made the filling for pumpkin pie today, and have refrigerated it to make my crust and bake it tomorrow. It seems to be a little "loose". Is this the way it should be? I made it last year and it was perfect, but can't remember the consistency before baking. Suddenly, I am not sure of myself.

Thanks.

As a baker I can say that Libby's is a bit more loose this year, at least on the large scale level. We use a chemical stabilizer to make Libby's useable this year(we didn't get much Libby's this year)

I made the filling for pumpkin pie today, and have refrigerated it to make my crust and bake it tomorrow. It seems to be a little "loose". Is this the way it should be? I made it last year and it was perfect, but can't remember the consistency before baking. Suddenly, I am not sure of myself.

Thanks.

The recipe on the Libby's can always makes a runny filling. It will firm up when cooked to directions.:chef:

I replaced the canned milk with 8oz. heavy cream and 4oz. milk!

Added some vanilla too. My mom puts vanilla in everything, and apparently I inherited that trait!

I had a case and a half of Aldi pumpkin, but am down to just 5 cans....

Last edited:
I just used the Libby's recipe with my can of "organic" pumpkin. It tastes so good and worked well on top of the stove, quick, too!

Back
Top Bottom