Miniature Chocolate Eclairs (Alix, listen up!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like the cream puffs with chicken salad, but someone else is bringing the savory food. I bring either petit fours or the eclairs and tea. I'm going to take some of my new teas and see how well it is received.

Constance said:
I used to make little cream puffs and fill them with chicken salad. They were always a big hit, and they'd be nice for your tea.

Enjoyed reading this thread, particularly the sharing of results and input. Glad it was bumped up.

Constance, you reminded me of a recipe, I've yet to make, but looks Oh So Good - Salmon Cream Puffs. Don't want to hijack the thread, so if anyone is interested I can post the recipe in the appropriate place.

licia and mish, I would like both of your recipes. I'm going to an informal wedding next month for a dear friend (second time around) and we are all bringing the food. Either puff sounds perfect!

Mudbug, do you mean the recipe for chicken salad? I use poached chicken breast, celery, red onion and enough mayo to blend - but not enough to make the puffs soggy. Also I froze my puffs ahead of time and split and stuffed them the day of the wedding.

licia said:
Mudbug, do you mean the recipe for chicken salad? I use poached chicken breast, celery, red onion and enough mayo to blend - but not enough to make the puffs soggy. Also I froze my puffs ahead of time and split and stuffed them the day of the wedding.

Sounds yum, licia. Can you post your recipe for us? TIA

I found the recipe for the onion-cheese puffs (an onion flavored cream puff), but I'm not sure where to post it. As soon as I find out where it should be, I will post it. Any suggestons?

:rolleyes: The suspense is killing me............... I would like to know if Alix had the eclairs turn out?:) and also what chicken salad recipe are you guys using to put in your cream puffs:)

Last edited:
Not yet. Madeleine wanted white cake instead of the eclairs (not sure she is actually my kid now!) and then I began puppysitting. WOW! I forgot how much work they are. I am going to try them when I have a moment this week I promise!

Back
Top Bottom