Monkey Tail Pie T&T

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spice1133

Senior Cook
Monkey Tail Pie T&T

This is similar to a Boston Cream Pie but with the Banana Bread Mix and Bananas instead of a yellow cake base. I love to tell people we are having Monkey Tail Pie for dessert, they never know what to expect. The recipe is from the Pillsbury site and they have a picture of it there and I have one on my recipe in my word program but don’t know how to post it here.

1 14oz package Banana Bread and Muffin Mix

1 cup milk

1/2 cup oil

2 eggs

Filling

1 3.4 oz pkg instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix

1 cup milk

1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (I usually use more than a cup but watch the consistency, you don’t want it too loose or it will all squeeze out)

2 bananas, sliced

Topping (I use the topping posted below)

1/2 cup chocolate fudge frosting (from 16-oz. can)

1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts

Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In large bowl, combine all cake ingredients; mix well. Pour batter into sprayed pan. Bake at 375°F. for 33 to 36 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 30 minutes. Remove from pan; place on wire rack. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled.

Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine pudding mix and 1 cup milk; beat with wire whisk until pudding thickens. Fold in whipped topping and bananas.

With long serrated knife, cut cake into 2 layers. Place bottom cake layer on serving plate. Top with filling and remaining cake layer. (I use my handy dandy cake slicer.)

In small microwave-safe bowl, microwave frosting on HIGH for 15 to 30 seconds, stirring until smooth but not runny. Pour warm frosting over top of cake, spreading frosting to edges and allowing some to run down sides. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on warm frosting. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator

CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICING (From Goldmine) Make a half Recipe only
2 C. sugar
1/2 C. cocoa
1/2 C. milk
6 T. margarine
2 T. light corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix sugar, cocoa, milk, margarine and corn syrup. Slowly bring to a full boil. Let boil for 1 minute. Add vanilla extract. Cool and beat with mixer until mixture is of spreading consistency. Spread quickly. Sufficient to ice a 2-layer (9-inch) cake or 1 (13 x 9-inch) sheet cake.

Spice, this sounds delicious and I love the name!!! Thanks for sharing it. I'm going to move it to the Pie subforum so its name doesn't cause any confusion.

My older son's favorite dessert is a boston cream pie - I'll show him this and see if he wants to try a new recipe!

Thanks!

jkath said:
My older son's favorite dessert is a boston cream pie - I'll show him this and see if he wants to try a new recipe!

Thanks!

Get out! My oldest daughters favourite dessert is Boston Cream pie with BANANAS in the custard filling! I am going to try this one for sure. She will go APE for it.

Back
Top Bottom