My ISO Halloween pie. It turned out delicious. :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
In a pie oven dish put the following.

Pastry
Mix flour a pinch of salt and butter until it is bread crumb texture. Around 200 grams of flour and 100 grams of butter.
Put this on the bottom of the pie dish. No need to make it stick together before you put it in the dish. Just sprinkle it over the bottom of the dish.

Homemade marzipan
Cook the following in a pot before adding to the pie dish. Ground almonds, sugar or honey, water, nutmeg, cinnimon, rum or brandy or whiskey(just a few splashes). Make it to quite a thick consistency. Put it in the pie dish, on top of the pastry.

Apples
Slice apples. Pealing first is optional. Layer the apples on top of the marzipan. Than sprinkle sugar on top of them.

Bake.:chef:

Is this your own creation, Mel? We need proportions. Did you bake it? How long, what temp.? Any picks?
Glad it worked out for you.

Yeah, it is my own creation. :)
I have to try to guess at proportions because I dont own a scales and I just add the amount of everything that seems right.

Around 200 grams of flour and 100 grams of butter

Around 300 grams of almonds and 2 cups of water.

Enough apple to cover the top of the marzipan in apple slices or bits. I put them on sort of slanty and overlapping like building a roof. Maybe 4 to 6 apples would be around enough.

I baked in a 200 C oven until the apples started to look slightly chared. Maybe 30 mins.

Back
Top Bottom