My Weekend Project: Pain au Chocolat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
My project/challenge this weekend is pain au chocolat. You know, croissants filled with chocolate. Before I start, I thought maybe y’all would have some tips for me? Any one recipe that stands out for you? So far, all of the recipes I’ve read are very similar.

I think the most difficult thing is going to be: waiting. With all of the resting and chilling and rolling of the dough, I might just finish these in time for my birthday. In July!

I made croissants once. Never again. My best tip is to keep your kitchen and work surface cool - it's a very temperamental dough. Good luck.

I made croissants once. Never again. My best tip is to keep your kitchen and work surface cool - it's a very temperamental dough. Good luck.

Plus 1, although I have made them more than once. I put chocolate in some of the last batch that I made and they were delish! Either mark the dough like Julia suggested with 1, 2, 3 fingertip indentations or keep track on a piece of paper. Be careful rolling out and don't let the butter break through.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom