Need Chocolate Recipe Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
We are doing some of our Thanksgiving recipes today and need a chocolate dessert recipe (w/o nuts) that we can cook today and serve tomorrow. Does anybody have a TNT recipe such as cocolate pie or something special?
Thanks

Last edited:
I do a chocolate pudding pie. Just pour cooked chocolate pudding into a baked pie shell. Put a circle of waxed paper on top so you don't get a skin, then later I put either mint flavoured whipped cream on top, or caramel whipped cream on top. Decorate with chocolate shavings and chill til you need it.

It just makes it tougher to cut through when you are slicing the pie. Sort of messes up presentation. No reason other than that!

Alix said:
It just makes it tougher to cut through when you are slicing the pie. Sort of messes up presentation. No reason other than that!

You're so right. I didn't think of that.
I was just thinking of the homemade pudding that grandma used
to make. It was so good. She'd make it and let it cool for a half hour or
so then we'd gobble it up skin and all. Oh what I wouldn't give for a bowl of her pudding.:)

Not chocolate pie but good.

Here is a good cake recipe that is always a hit.

Cameron

Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Cake​

2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
¾ cup Hershey’s Cocoa
1 ½ tsp. Baking powder
1 ½ tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs, milk oil, and vanilla; beat on medium speed 2 min. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin) pour into 9 x 13 pan. Bake 30 min. Cool completely. Frost with Perfectly Chocolate Frosting.

Perfectly Chocolate Frosting: 1 stick butter
2/3 cup Hershey’s Cocoa
3 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and mild beating on medium speed to spreading consistency add more milk, if needed stir in vanilla. About 2 cups.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom