New Idea for a fruit crisp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Partially freeze fruit of choice; apple pear, banana, etc. Cut into wedges or large chunks. Lightly crush 2 cups of frosted corn fakes Add 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp nutmeg, /add 2 tbs sugar, HEAT 2 Tbs. unsalted butter to a pan and heat until fragrant.

Make egg-wash. Dip fruit in egg-wash to entirely coat it. Roll in cornflakes mixture and saute on all sides until lightly toasted. Remove and let cool.

This the same technique used to make fried apples. ait has to be great for other things too. You could even put a craft stick in it and call it a fried ... pop. Crunchy coated cake pops, anyone.:LOL:

pLEASE, SINCE i have no kitchen available to me, try this and let me kow how it turns out. Thanks,

Seeeeeeya; Chief Lonfwind of the North

Chief, what happened to your kitchen. Are there some culinary thieves running around?

I;m stuck in a hospital for another 5 weeks. I developed pressure sores on both heels from a different hospital stay, where my feet were not properly elevated, and I was in too much pain to notice. One of them got infected and the infection went into the heel bone. I had to go onto a 12 week antibiotic IV, and a stem cell graph. But it's healing up nicely. I'm just stuck here and bored, and aching to maker good food. The food here isn't bad, just not up to the standards of good home cooking. Also, there's just not enough variety.

I miss my kitchen.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm sorry to hear you are under the weather BUT can report that I have tried this with some alterations. I had no frosted cornflakes but I had regular. I used pears and my impressions are favorable. It was pretty good. Adding extra sugar and cinnamon seems unnecessary. I did the egg dip, then crush flakes and pan fried. Then sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Good idea :)

I'm sorry to hear you are under the weather BUT can report that I have tried this with some alterations. I had no frosted cornflakes but I had regular. I used pears and my impressions are favorable. It was pretty good. Adding extra sugar and cinnamon seems unnecessary. I did the egg dip, then crush flakes and pan fried. Then sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Good idea :)

Thanks for letting me know, Janet. I';; bet you could pit a chunk of banana on a sticj, freeez it, then coat and fry it. My head is spinning with all of the possibilities. If you wanted to, you could even do it with meat, or veggies and make chicien, or pork pops. Just sever with a good bbq or sweet and sour sauce. Could this work as a fondue, with one pot fillied with hot oil, and the other filledd with sauce?

I better go to a different thread/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom