New to your repertory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robo410

Executive Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Left over sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving had me hunting for a recipe for sweet potato pie. I turned to the Joy and sure enough there it was. It has now become a fave.
Using less sugar than expected, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice, in a butter pat in the pan crust, this pie stayed firm and the crust never sogged out.

If you don't have the Joy of Cooking on your shelf as a standard "go to", I certainly recommend it. (and this pie!)

So, what's new to your dessert repertory this year? :chef:

Left over sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving had me hunting for a recipe for sweet potato pie. I turned to the Joy and sure enough there it was. It has now become a fave.
Using less sugar than expected, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice, in a butter pat in the pan crust, this pie stayed firm and the crust never sogged out.

If you don't have the Joy of Cooking on your shelf as a standard "go to", I certainly recommend it. (and this pie!)

So, what's new to your dessert repertory this year? :chef:

My first husband was a pro chef and had the original Joy of Cooking by Irma Robaeurer. Between her and my husband a 17 y.o. bride learned to cook. And over the years, my mother also was at my side. She made me help her in the kitchen. To this day, I remember all the little things she would do and say when making a meal for the family. And she cooked and baked on a wood burning stove. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom