"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 02-19-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
Senior Cook

No Bake Key Lime Pie

1 8 oz pkg softened cream cheese
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
3 ounces Key Lime juice (fresh or bottled)
1 graham cracker pie shell/unbaked
Whipped cream

Blend cream cheese and milk. Add one ounce of lime juice at a time/blend well each time. Pour into pie shell/chill. At serving time, top with whipped cream. (And, if you are lucky enough to have a few garnishes of a key lime) I often make a raspberry sauce for this pie. That is the traditional Florida style.

Bottled Key Lime Juice is pretty easy to find these days.
Boy, do I miss my keylime tree in Florida right about now.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
Head Chef

I didn't know that there was any other kind of key lime pie except no-bake.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
Master Chef

This makes an equally good Meyer Lemon pie also.

I too have never heard of a baked Key Lime Pie, nor a raspberry sauce being traditional.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Actually if you bake this (minus the cream cheese) for 8-9 mins in a 325 oven it will be set as soon as it's cool
Old 02-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
Senior Cook

The old Florida traditional pie is baked and made with eggs and meringue topped. And, the raspberry sauce drizzled on pie is definately the old traditional way. You still fiind that in small fishing areas in the Keys, the Bahamas and 5 star Florida restaurants. I prefer eggless. I can't imagine key lime without the cream cheese. That really is part of the recipe. Substitutions or deletions - would no be a real Key Lime Pie. (Living/cooking/eating in Florida for many years)
Old 02-20-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
Senior Cook

I know alot of people use Meyer lemons and Persian limes for this type of pie. But, without the tang and uniqueness of a true Key Lime.

Tags
pie, recipe

No Bake Key Lime Pie 1 8 oz pkg softened cream cheese 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk 3 ounces Key Lime juice (fresh or bottled) 1 graham cracker pie shell/unbaked Whipped cream Blend cream cheese and milk. Add one ounce of lime juice at a time/blend well each time. Pour into pie shell/chill. At serving time, top with whipped cream. (And, if you are lucky enough to have a few garnishes of a key lime) I often make a raspberry sauce for this pie. That is the traditional Florida style.:chef: Bottled Key Lime Juice is pretty easy to find these days. Boy, do I miss my keylime tree in Florida right about now. 3 stars 1 reviews