Nutty Bar desserts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have always HATED jar peanut butter. I can't even stand the smell. I like peanuts but if I try to eat too many at once, it starts to taste like peanut butter. Because of my hate of PB, I never at PB related items growing up. As an adult, I still hate PB but I like Reese's PB cups and Butterfinger candy bars. I still can't stand PB cookies. Feed the to the dog.

A couple weeks ago I decided to try another PB snack product I had always avoided. Nutty Bars. I hear angel's playing music when I eat them. I can't taste the PB in them. I love them. My student and I just ate the last 2 packs on the truck. Oh, the horror. We'll be stopping at Wally World for sure.

OK, now to the topic. I would like to make a dessert that uses Nutty Bars as a primary ingredient. I thought about a 3 layer pie with chopped up Nutty Bars mixed in with the whipped cream for the top layer but I need a substitute for the chocolate pudding. I'm scratching that whole idea off the drawing board since I can't find a solution short whipping up a bowl of whipped cream and using a Nutty Bar as a spoon to eat it with.

Does anyone have any dessert ideas using Nutty Bars as a primary ingredient?

My first thought was to use them as a crust for a cheesecake. Then I googled "recipes made with nutty bars" or something like that and got lots more.

I have thought of a variation on the Triple Layer Chocolate Pie that uses Nutty Bars. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good in my head. Here it is.

1 Oreo pie shell
2 boxes Chocolate Jello Pudding
Milk
Nutty Bars
Cool Whip (whipped cream if you prefer)
Bananas

Mix the 2 boxes of chocolate pudding using only enough milk for one box.

Chop several Nutty Bars into medium sized pieces. Mix the amount of your choosing into the pudding.

Divide the pudding into 2 equal portions and set one portion aside.

Spoon half of one portion into the pie shell. Add a layer of thinly sliced bananas. Spoon on the rest of the first portion of pudding.

Mix the second portion of pudding with half the Cool Whip or an equivalent amount of whipped cream. Spoon into the pure shell and spread evenly.

Mix chopped Nutty Bars into the remaining Cool Whip or equivalent amount of whipped cream and add to the pie as the final layer.

Go ahead and make it then give it an hour. Chances are you'll have very little left even if you were the only one there. That's what happens at my house.

These sound good, thanks :)

I have thought of a variation on the Triple Layer Chocolate Pie that uses Nutty Bars. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good in my head. Here it is.

1 Oreo pie shell
2 boxes Chocolate Jello Pudding
Milk
Nutty Bars
Cool Whip (whipped cream if you prefer)
Bananas

Mix the 2 boxes of chocolate pudding using only enough milk for one box.

Chop several Nutty Bars into medium sized pieces. Mix the amount of your choosing into the pudding.

Divide the pudding into 2 equal portions and set one portion aside.

Spoon half of one portion into the pie shell. Add a layer of thinly sliced bananas. Spoon on the rest of the first portion of pudding.

Mix the second portion of pudding with half the Cool Whip or an equivalent amount of whipped cream. Spoon into the pure shell and spread evenly.

Mix chopped Nutty Bars into the remaining Cool Whip or equivalent amount of whipped cream and add to the pie as the final layer.

Back
Top Bottom