Oslo Kringlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
This is an old family recipe. It looks and taste like it came from a bakery. I am always asked for this recipe.
Enjoy! Debbie

OSLO KRINGLERS

Before baking
img_543467_0_aa9dc0d0181239aad92a72f5aa33fb56.jpg

img_543467_1_b5f434c330ec71f71ef9850868103478.jpg

CRUST
1 cup(s) FLOUR
1/2 cup(s) MARGARINE; Cold.
2 tablespoon(s) WATER

TOPPING
1 cup(s) WATER
1/2 cup(s) MARGARINE
1 cup(s) FLOUR
3 EGGS
1/2 teaspoon(s) VANILLA
1/2 teaspoon(s) ALMOND EXTRACT
_____

For Crust.
Mix flour with margarine and 2 tablespoon water as for pie crust.
Don't be afraid to use your hands.
Divide dough in half.
On an ungreased cookie sheet, press dough (using heel of hand) into 2 strips, 13 inches long and 3 inch wide.
Set aside.

For Topping.
In a sauce pan bring to boil, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup margarine until margarine is melted.
Remove from heat and immediately add 1 cup flour.
Stir until smooth.
Add 3 eggs, one at a time, stirring until smooth after each addition.
Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
Spread on top of first mixture.
Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
When cool drizzle with icing.

Icing.
Mix 1 tablespoon softened butter, 1 cup powder sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
Add milk for desired constancy.
_____

This is an old family recipe. It looks and taste like it came from a bakery. I am always asked for this recipe.
Enjoy! Debbie

OSLO KRINGLERS

Before baking
img_543520_0_aa9dc0d0181239aad92a72f5aa33fb56.jpg

img_543520_1_b5f434c330ec71f71ef9850868103478.jpg

CRUST
1 cup(s) FLOUR
1/2 cup(s) MARGARINE; Cold.
2 tablespoon(s) WATER

TOPPING
1 cup(s) WATER
1/2 cup(s) MARGARINE
1 cup(s) FLOUR
3 EGGS
1/2 teaspoon(s) VANILLA
1/2 teaspoon(s) ALMOND EXTRACT
_____

For Crust.
Mix flour with margarine and 2 tablespoon water as for pie crust.
Don't be afraid to use your hands.
Divide dough in half.
On an ungreased cookie sheet, press dough (using heel of hand) into 2 strips, 13 inches long and 3 inch wide.
Set aside.

For Topping.
In a sauce pan bring to boil, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup margarine until margarine is melted.
Remove from heat and immediately add 1 cup flour.
Stir until smooth.
Add 3 eggs, one at a time, stirring until smooth after each addition.
Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
Spread on top of first mixture.
Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
When cool drizzle with icing.

Icing.
Mix 1 tablespoon softened butter, 1 cup powder sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
Add milk for desired constancy.
_____

This is EXACTLY the same thing I've been making for over 30 years called "Danish Puff."

texasgirl, I have never filled them before. After they are baked you might be able to fill them. I have had a lot of people ask me that, but they are so good as they are I have never tried it. I might have to try it now.

JoAnn L. I hope you like it. It's really easy and very fast to make.

Would it work with butter instead of margarine?

I only have butter in the house and don't want to go to the store for margarine.

Miss Debbie...

I went to the Doctor last week and got a great report on all of my "numbers" from the blood work etc. He did say it woulnd't hurt to lose XX lbs however.... My question is... how can I do that when ya keep sticking these yummy "Kringlers" in my face!! :LOL:

Butter is usually interchangeable with margarine & I think offers a much richer flavour.

I'd like to make this. I think I can cut the recipe in two and make just one log. What about add ons, like cinnamon struessel or cherry pie filling? If it wasn't almost 8:30 I think I'd try this recipe right now!

:huh: What on earth could I have done wrong??

I tried to make this tonight...

I mixed 1 cup of flour, with 1/2 cup of (cold) margarine, and 2 Tablespoons of water.

If my camera wasn't dead, and if it wasn't 8:30 I would take a picture to show what i'm talking about.

There is no way I could have made the 2 strips 13 inches long. I got them to about 6 inches long, and they were very thin...

I would think i'd need to double the "crust" recipe, in order to make them 13 inches long...

What did I do wrong here??......

:huh: What on earth could I have done wrong??

I tried to make this tonight...

I mixed 1 cup of flour, with 1/2 cup of (cold) margarine, and 2 Tablespoons of water.

If my camera wasn't dead, and if it wasn't 8:30 I would take a picture to show what i'm talking about.

There is no way I could have made the 2 strips 13 inches long. I got them to about 6 inches long, and they were very thin...

I would think i'd need to double the "crust" recipe, in order to make them 13 inches long...

What did I do wrong here??......

I just read your message and made up some and took a picture. Did your dough look like this? You really have to work with the dough. As your hands warm the dough up it spreads out even better. It just takes a little time but it can be done.

img_569137_0_d1b8ffd06972238c2d9b994f781cb3a2.jpg

Alright, I went back in the kitchen and tried to get them longer. I got them to about 10 inches...Do you think that's long enough? I just don't see how I could get them any longer without making them paper thin.....

Attachments

• kringlers.jpg
    kringlers.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 60
Alright, I went back in the kitchen and tried to get them longer. I got them to about 10 inches...Do you think that's long enough? I just don't see how I could get them any longer without making them paper thin.....

That will be fine. How wide did you make them? I try to keep them to 3 inches.

:neutral: They still don't look like yours do... I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and make it tonight, and try it in the morning. Or if I should just start over tomorrow. They'll probably dry out if I try to save them....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom