Peaches' and cream pie-rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We have 3 trees producing more peaches this year than last, but, it's been fun trying to think of ways to use them..A friends mom said to try it this way, I did, very nice and will make it again.
You need 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell,slice peaches and into shell ( about 8 peaches) sprinkle them with a little salt and lemon juice. Make a mix of 3/4 c. sugar, 1/4 c. flour and 1 c. heavy cream and 1/4 tea. salt, mix well and pour over peaches. Dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon, and a light dash of cloves.
Bake at 425f for about 15 min. then lower heat to 300 and bake about 40 to 45 minutes longer..
Nice with whipped cream and great with a scoop of ice cream.

kadesma:)

ok, I'll take a slice... or two. This sounds great!!!!

Do you think it would work with blackberries too? Paul and I are going picking tonight.

pdswife said:
ok, I'll take a slice... or two. This sounds great!!!!

Do you think it would work with blackberries too? Paul and I are going picking tonight.
Blackberries, you bet, that sounds delish. Here's your two slices want some vanilla ice cream with it?:)

Kadesma..I have copied your pie recipe, it sounds wonderful! I especially love our Golden Queen peaches cooked and its a danged shame season is so short:(

Here are a couple of recipes I have used the last year or two. The Peach Jelly is wonderful with some raspberries thrown at it, either coulis style or fresh. Kinda Melba'ish...lolol

FRESH PEACH JELLY

10 Fresh Peaches
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Cups Water
1 Cup Apple Juice
1 Tbsp Gelatine

Wash peaches, cut in half and stone. Place in large saucepan and add sugar and water. Simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and reserve 1 1/2 cups syrup. Place apple juice in a bowl and sprinkle with gelatine. Leave for 5 minutes and then stir in the hot peach syrup. Remove skin from peaches and discard. Mash the flesh then add to hot juice. Stir well to combine. Pour into a 3 cup jelly mold and refrigerate.
Serves 6

SMOKED CHICKEN, PEACH AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD

4 Cups Salad Greens
3 Peaches stoned and sliced into wedges
2 Grapefruit segmented
1 Whole Smoked Chicken Breast
2 Tbsps Mint, chopped
1/2 Cup Pecan or Walnut halves

Arrange greens on a large platter. Top with peach and grapefruit slices, the sliced chicken then scatter nuts and mint over the top. Dress just before serving.

Dressing

Blend/Shake together well:

1/3 Cup Grapefruit Juice
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tsp Minced Ginger
1 Tsp Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Olive Oil

:) :)

Lynan,
I love peaches and fix them all types of ways, your, recipes are delightful. I can hardly wait to try them both. With 3 trees I'm sure I can give one of them a try tomorrow or the next day. Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the pie recipe if you get the chance to make it.

Peaches and cream pie, yummmmmmm. I will copy and make this pie and I was wondering if you can use canned peaches with this recipe.Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Hey kadesma,

I'll add my favorite peach pie recipe which is very similar to yours, but the technique is a tad bit different.

Prepare 9 inch unbaked pie shell.
Peel and slice peaches to make three cups.

Combine:
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. nutmeg

Add peaches and toss lightly. Turn into pastry shell. Pour 1 cup heavy cream over top. Bake in 400 degree F oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until firm. Serve hot or cold. I guarantee this is heavenly.

Another idea for all your peaches -

Slice peaches and mix up 1/4 c. 'good' Balsamic, 1 T. (yes, this is correct!) freshly ground black pepper and a tsp. of sugar; pour this over the peach slices and toss.

You can do this with strawberries also. so good.

Hey Jean..Ive never had balsamic on peaches, or black pepper for that matter but it sure makes sense! I adore balsamic syrup on strawberries. Add some vanilla bean ice cream and this girl is transported.
I will do the peach/balsamic thing for sure come the season.

Ta Jeannie! :) :)

bethzaring said:
Hey kadesma,

I'll add my favorite peach pie recipe which is very similar to yours, but the technique is a tad bit different.

Prepare 9 inch unbaked pie shell.
Peel and slice peaches to make three cups.

Combine:
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. nutmeg

Add peaches and toss lightly. Turn into pastry shell. Pour 1 cup heavy cream over top. Bake in 400 degree F oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until firm. Serve hot or cold. I guarantee this is heavenly.
Beth,
the recipes are similar, but you use nutmeg which I love. I'm going to make one with the nutmed instead of cinnamon just for me:LOL: Thanks for a wonderful idea.

kadesma

cjs said:
Another idea for all your peaches -

Slice peaches and mix up 1/4 c. 'good' Balsamic, 1 T. (yes, this is correct!) freshly ground black pepper and a tsp. of sugar; pour this over the peach slices and toss.

You can do this with strawberries also. so good.
I do the strawberries with balsamic and pepper, will now try te peaches, Thanks for the great idea cjs:)

kadesma

Michelemarie said:
Both pie recipes have been cut and pasted! Thanks! The other recipes sound great too! I love peaches!
Hi Michellemarie:)
I had no idea I would get some great recipes when I post this one. Glad you like. I'm going to to one of them for this weekend. Now which one:LOL: Oh what fun.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom