Pecan Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Merry X-mas!

Here's a recipe from Cook's Country that I personally scanned for ya'll. I wish you all very happy holidays.

Attachments

• PecanPraline(CC's)2.pdf
    395 KB · Views: 166
This is my favorite

3 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups pecans
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place pie shell in a 9 inch pie pan.
In a medium bowl, gently beat eggs. Stir in sugar and flour, then the syrup, butter and vanilla. Fold in pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes; knife inserted in center of pie should come out clean.

I'm posting this without even reading the other posts in this thread.
this recipe is from my "other" mother, and it is so easy to make it's scandalous. and it is SO good. I am allergic to corn syrup, so I buy Steens Cane Syrup and use it, instead.

Pecan Pie

Flora Hayden, my “Other Mother,” and the mother of my best friend, Dan Davis, handed down this recipe to me. It is the second easiest dessert to make in the world (after Brownies) and one of the most impressive. Just try it! If you want to use a deep dish Pyrex pan, increase filling ingredients by one-half.

makes one 9-inch pie

1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup light Karo (or cane sugar) syrup
1/4 cup unsalted butter
A pinch of sea salt
3 extra-large eggs, well beaten
1 cup jumbo pecans

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix sugar, syrup, butter and salt. Bring to a boil. Beat eggs, and add nuts. Stir just a little of the hot syrup into the eggs to warm them, then pour the egg mixture into the hot syrup RAPIDLY to avoid ending up with scrambled eggs. Pour into pie shell.

2. Bake for 40-45 minutes. The center of the pie will still appear soft and “unset.”

Yes, this recipe is in my book, but I hold the copyright. :)

I also like to put the pecans into the food processor and give them a quick pulse or two. This makes them alittle smaller and I think it makes a better pie.

Back
Top Bottom