"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 11-14-2008, 06:39 AM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieSusan View Post
My Apple Pie (a variation on Maida Heatter's Apple Pie USA)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...7_14A_0001.jpg
Pie Susan,

To get your photos to display on the forum, choose the IMG Code under the picture in your Photobucket account. You will recognize it as starts with [IMG]. Here are your pic with the IMG Code inserted...

JoeV

Old 11-14-2008, 06:57 AM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adillo303 View Post
I've been dreaming about a mincmeat pie. It is getting harder tofind mincemeat in the stores. I just made my first quiche and was happy to find that pie crusts are a matter of picking up a box in the grocery store that has two crusts in it. I only needed one for the Quiche, but, no worries, I screwed the first crust up.

There has to be a way to make crusts from scratch, I just don't know it.

GREAT looking pie Joe!

AC
AC,

Here's a great online video that takes you through the whole process, and explains everything along the way. It's the way I make my pies crusts, but she explains it better than I could (plus, she's pleasant to look at and listen to, as opposed to grungy old me).

Step by Step Video - How to Make Our Best Pie Crust - Every Day with Rachael Ray

JoeV

Old 11-14-2008, 07:04 AM   #13
Head Chef

Check out my pie crust primer and it will be like a little old grandma is sitting next to you giving you all her tricks.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:07 AM   #14
Head Chef

Thanks, Joe but when I tried to use the IMG Code, it did not work for me. I can't seem to get my photoshop photos to work on this site unless it is in a private message. Go figure that one out.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #15
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieSusan View Post
Thanks, Joe but when I tried to use the IMG Code, it did not work for me. I can't seem to get my photoshop photos to work on this site unless it is in a private message. Go figure that one out.
They must have done something on the Photobucket site, because I used to just click on the IMG link, and little note would pop up and say "copied." Then it stopped working recently. Now, I click the IMG link and it is highlighted, then I copy the link (Ctrl C) and paste it (Ctrl V) into the message. Give that a try. I'm on a Mac, but the keystrokes are the same on a PC.

JoeV

Tags
None