Pie Baking Season Returns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeV

Washing Up
I was amazed to find this forum has not had any content since May. I guess not many folks bake pies during the warmer weather. Well, I'd like to kick-off the season with a traditional apple pie. It's been about 10 years since I baked a pie, so I'm pretty proud of how this one came out. I can hardly wait until it cools enough to cut into.

img_693709_0_907824b80862d44c4bc2453dcb204b15.jpg

Joe

Looks great :) I'm not much for baking, but I wouldn't turn down a good slice of pie :LOL:

You might check out the "What did you bake today" thread. I think a lot of people have been posting to that.

making a snicker doodle pie for son's bday dinner. those are his favorite cookie so jumped on recipe for pie.

will go into folders for where i got recipe if anyone is interested:chef:

I've never made a pie, keep saying that one of these days i'm going to try, but have no idea where to start. I don't even know what pie would be best to start with.

I just told DW that the Chocolate pie she made last week, and the Pecan pie the week before were made out of season!!:shock: She was relieved to know the peach pie she made today was in fact a legal creation!:LOL:

Of all the things Ive managed to make well I have stayed away from pie like it was poison. But I am going to attempt to make a apple pie this week

Of all the things Ive managed to make well I have stayed away from pie like it was poison. But I am going to attempt to make a apple pie this week

Yep, people shy away from pies because of the crust and bread because of the yeast. Once you have them explained to you and try them for the first time, you find out that your fears have been for nothing.

Gotta run. It's time for the NYT to go in the oven and then knock down/shape the first batch of Italian bread. Making two loaves for a dinner today and two loaves for our personal stock.

Joe

I've been dreaming about a mincmeat pie. It is getting harder tofind mincemeat in the stores. I just made my first quiche and was happy to find that pie crusts are a matter of picking up a box in the grocery store that has two crusts in it. I only needed one for the Quiche, but, no worries, I screwed the first crust up.

There has to be a way to make crusts from scratch, I just don't know it.

GREAT looking pie Joe!

AC

Pie Susan,

To get your photos to display on the forum, choose the IMG Code under the picture in your Photobucket account. You will recognize it as starts with . Here are your pic with the IMG Code inserted...

[URL="http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/flyfishohio/kylebiopic.jpg%5B/IMG%5D"][IMG]http://www.discusscooking.com/attachments/photobucket/img_725012_0_a105c6e70a25c84dcc7cd5679ed70219.jpg
[/URL]

JoeV

I've been dreaming about a mincmeat pie. It is getting harder tofind mincemeat in the stores. I just made my first quiche and was happy to find that pie crusts are a matter of picking up a box in the grocery store that has two crusts in it. I only needed one for the Quiche, but, no worries, I screwed the first crust up.

There has to be a way to make crusts from scratch, I just don't know it.

GREAT looking pie Joe!

AC

AC,

Here's a great online video that takes you through the whole process, and explains everything along the way. It's the way I make my pies crusts, but she explains it better than I could (plus, she's pleasant to look at and listen to, as opposed to grungy old me:LOL:).

Step by Step Video - How to Make Our Best Pie Crust - Every Day with Rachael Ray

JoeV

Check out my pie crust primer and it will be like a little old grandma is sitting next to you giving you all her tricks.

Thanks, Joe but when I tried to use the IMG Code, it did not work for me. I can't seem to get my photoshop photos to work on this site unless it is in a private message. Go figure that one out.

Thanks, Joe but when I tried to use the IMG Code, it did not work for me. I can't seem to get my photoshop photos to work on this site unless it is in a private message. Go figure that one out.

They must have done something on the Photobucket site, because I used to just click on the IMG link, and little note would pop up and say "copied." Then it stopped working recently. Now, I click the IMG link and it is highlighted, then I copy the link (Ctrl C) and paste it (Ctrl V) into the message. Give that a try. I'm on a Mac, but the keystrokes are the same on a PC.

JoeV

Back
Top Bottom