Pie crust finally worked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
Thanks to Alix's recipe, my pie crust finally worked wonderfully for me. After trying numerous times with butter, I gave up. Then I tried using shortening, as Alix suggested. I ditched the sugar and only made the crust with flour, salt, shortening and water. I'll admit that rolling out the nice, round circles are still in practice. But the good thing is that I got the dough to be more manageable. The baked crust was so crispy and yummy with the caramelized, cinnamon apples. Mmmm. Thanks again Alix.

I haven't been on here in a couple of days so I am just catching up on posts now. I am really glad my recipe worked out for you Dina. It has always been no-fail for me. I am now thinking I would like to make apple pie after reading your recipe. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...just bought a pile of nice Grannys too.

Okay, now I have to go find both of your recipes!!

I found the pie crust thread, but, can't find the recipe for the apple recipe.

Last edited:
texasgirl, just peel, core and dice up a bunch of apples (um...6-8 depending on size) toss the apple pieces in 1/4 cup of flour and cinnamon to coat them, then throw in about 2/3 cup - 1 cup of brown sugar and a little more flour. Put in the pie shell, cover and bake.

Anytime texasgirl. I am a pie maker from way back. Its the easiest and quickest dessert in my books.

Back
Top Bottom