Pie Crusts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a simple dough recipe I use (requires neither vodka nor Russian drinking songs - don't know if that's good or bad). I got this from Allrecipes.com:

4 oz cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 cup flour

Blend cream cheese and butter or margarine. Stir in flour just until blended. Chill about 1 hour. This can be made ahead and chilled for up to 24 hours.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).

Shape dough into 24 one-inch balls and press into ungreased 1 1/2 inch muffin cups (mini-muffin size) to make a shallow shell. Fill with your favorite filling and bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is light brown.

This is for tart shells. You can double the recipe for a one crust pie.

I don't usually make pie crusts. I can never get them to roll out without the dough sticking to the rolling pin. I don't care how much flour I put on the crust or the pin, when I lift the pin, half the dough comes up with it. Not to mention that when I roll, pieces of dough come up sticking to the rolling pin and leave holes to be patched in the dough. My pie crusts end up looking like a street with a million fixed and unfixed potholes.

So I've pretty much given up on that. I buy pie crusts from the store now unless I make the dough above for tarts. Those I just press into a muffin pan by hand.

насладиться!

Invest in one of these!

Ateco 696 Rolling Pin Cover / Sock (August Thomsen)

I use a marble rolling pin. Nothing sticks unless it is an EXTREMELY and I do mean EXTREMELY soft dough.

I might have to look into that. I bought what I thought might be a marble roller from Bed Bath & Beyond, but it had "caps" on the end side that kept coming loose and I could only imagine all the water and dirt that went into it. It was only about $10 and it also pulled up all the dough every time I used it, so I chucked it.

You might get the idea here the problem wasn't as much the pie dough as it was the nitwit trying to roll it out and you'd probably be right.

Back
Top Bottom