Pineapple upside down muffin help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicacarr

Senior Cook
I have a box of white cake mix and a can of pineapple slices. How can i make really good pineapple upidedown muffins with these?

Jessica, on the blue toolbar, you will see a Search function. If you click on that, then ask for Advanced Search, you can go and search for recipe titles or all posts for the things you are looking for.

I would look for a pineapple upsidedown cake recipe and then just modify it for muffins. Good luck, and I hope that helps.

I make the cake version quite a bit, but haven't tried the muffins - neat idea!
Something I like to do with the cake that's a little different is when I cook the butter and brown sugar over heat, I add chopped pecans. I'm guessing that you can put your pineapple slice down first in the muffin tin, put a half-cherry in the center of the ring, followed by the brown sugar/butter mix, then follow with your batter. The one I do (which I can't remember the recipe exactly, and I'm too lazy to go downstairs...) uses the pineapple juice from the can as one of the liquids in the cake. If you need more help, I can check out my recipe book later on.

Jkath, Imonna try the pecan idea nect time I make an upside down cake -- that's for sure.

Re: the cupcake. The pineapple will be on the bottom, so it won't be like an upside down cake with the sweet gooey carmel and pineapples on top. It'll be a white cupcake then the brown sugar layer then the pineapple.

Or do you put the brown sugar/butter mixture in first? It carmelizes nicely in the cast iron skillet I use for cake, but how could it do this in a paper cupcake cup.

Call me both confused and intrigued, as I love both PUCake specifically and cupcakes in general.

I'd think that if you were to use the aluminum muffin liners, and only fill the liners 1/2 (at most) full, you'd get a tasty treat. I'm very curious now, and am wondering if I need to make a home test:rolleyes:

Y'all have me inspired...i am gonna go nuts with it. (pun intended)
Lococatlady, i promise i will let you have one before i eat 'em all!

Girls, I've got a nice large muffin pan (the "cup" part holds about a cup) made by Chicago Metallic. It's nonstick, so I bet you could make these little beauties in it with no liners if you greased it up first. The trick would be getting them all out evenly (put a cookie sheet on top and then flip?)

well,,,it bombed. :( i put too much butter in the brown sugar mix. so it was soupy at the bottom. i am going to change my technique then get back with ya on it. however...it was still tasty. :)

Back
Top Bottom