Popcorn flavored pastry cream. Yum!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I looked up a recipe for pastry cream usning google. It came out very good just from the recipe. So of course, I had to play with it. By melting two squares of Baker's Unseetend Chocolate, I mad a very rich and yummy version. I want to try other flavoings as well. So I purchaced some candy flavorings available at a local supermarket. The name brand is LorAnn Gourmet and the flavors come in 1 fluid dram bottles (.125 fluid oz.). They are very concentrated and you generally use drops of the stuff to flavor a recipe.

Anyways, I purchaced cheescake flavor and added a bit to the milk for the pastry cream, before the egg yolks, sugar, flour and cornstarch were combined. It didn't taste much like cheesecake, but was very good. Upon recollection, this pastry cream tasted like Jelly-Belly popcorn flavored jelly beans. I'm going to use this version in my daughter's profiteroles at her wedding reception. It's a way cool find.

Try some of the flavorings in your home made milk shakes, custards, and other sweet sauces and deserts. You can even use them for their intended purpose, making candy.

Popcorn flavored pastry cream; this will suprise everyone.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom