"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 11-27-2015, 10:44 AM   #41
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Click image for larger version

Name:	chickens.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	23888

Mrs. DF and I tried to get my husband to try Pumpkin Pie just one more time before saying, "...but I don't like it, it's too CREAMY" ... please add whinny 10 years old boy voice here ... WELL!
He still doesn't like Pumpkin Pie, so we gave his half eaten piece to the chickens, THEY LOVED IT! HA!
(along with his half eaten salad that he refused to eat, geez)

Old 11-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
Attachment 23888

Mrs. DF and I tried to get my husband to try Pumpkin Pie just one more time before saying, "...but I don't like it, it's too CREAMY" ... please add whinny 10 years old boy voice here ... WELL!
He still doesn't like Pumpkin Pie, so we gave his half eaten piece to the chickens, THEY LOVED IT! HA!
Sounds like my BIL whenever he would get sick with even just the sniffles.

Old 11-28-2015, 12:18 AM   #43
Senior Cook

Lucky chickens.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:11 AM   #44
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
Attachment 23888

Why Oh Why does a foodie end up married to a indifferent (or hostile) eater? Himself isn't that, um, emphatic when he doesn't particularly care for something I make, but he rarely gets excited about something that he deems wonderful. "Yeah, it's OK" is his normal compliment! If I didn't like to cook and experiment in the kitchen so much, we would be having grilled cheese sandwiches four times a week. And bowls of cereal the other three. Basically, I cook for me. He just comes along for the ride.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:28 PM   #45
Senior Cook

I guess on the thankfulness scale, we should all be thankful that we can afford the food to be able to cook what we want and experiment.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire

My first husband was a classical trained chef. If he didn't like it, (which was very seldom) he kept his mouth shut and ate most of it. I learned a lot from him.

My second husband was so grateful to have a wife who could cook. His first wife was the Freezer Queen. The only area she knew how to shop in was the freezer department. He was amazed that I could cook from scratch like his mother. Anything and everything I made he gobbled down and told me how delicious it was. He was constantly bringing his friends home so they could see how good the food was. Much to my chagrin.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:52 AM   #47
Master Chef

I had the ingredients on hand so I decided to give pumpkin pie another try for Christmas.

I made this one using Sir_Loin's nut crust recipe, using almonds and Splenda.

Christmas Meal Plans ~ 2015

The filling was the standard Libby pumpkin pie recipe made with 2T of Splenda and 1 1/4 cups of unsweetened almond milk.

I shortened the baking time by 10 minutes and it came out of the oven with a slight jiggle, so far no cracks!

Tags
pie, pumpkin