Pumpkin Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chickens.jpg

Mrs. DF and I tried to get my husband to try Pumpkin Pie just one more time before saying, "...but I don't like it, it's too CREAMY" ... please add whinny 10 years old boy voice here ... WELL!
He still doesn't like Pumpkin Pie, so we gave his half eaten piece to the chickens, THEY LOVED IT! HA! :LOL:
(along with his half eaten salad that he refused to eat, geez)

View attachment 23888

Mrs. DF and I tried to get my husband to try Pumpkin Pie just one more time before saying, "...but I don't like it, it's too CREAMY" ... please add whinny 10 years old boy voice here ... WELL!
He still doesn't like Pumpkin Pie, so we gave his half eaten piece to the chickens, THEY LOVED IT! HA! :LOL:

Sounds like my BIL whenever he would get sick with even just the sniffles. :angel:

View attachment 23888

Why Oh Why does a foodie end up married to a indifferent (or hostile) eater? Himself isn't that, um, emphatic when he doesn't particularly care for something I make, but he rarely gets excited about something that he deems wonderful. "Yeah, it's OK" is his normal compliment! :LOL: If I didn't like to cook and experiment in the kitchen so much, we would be having grilled cheese sandwiches four times a week. And bowls of cereal the other three. :LOL: Basically, I cook for me. He just comes along for the ride.

My first husband was a classical trained chef. If he didn't like it, (which was very seldom) he kept his mouth shut and ate most of it. I learned a lot from him.

My second husband was so grateful to have a wife who could cook. His first wife was the Freezer Queen. The only area she knew how to shop in was the freezer department. He was amazed that I could cook from scratch like his mother. Anything and everything I made he gobbled down and told me how delicious it was. He was constantly bringing his friends home so they could see how good the food was. Much to my chagrin. :angel:

I had the ingredients on hand so I decided to give pumpkin pie another try for Christmas.

I made this one using Sir_Loin's nut crust recipe, using almonds and Splenda.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f115/christmas-meal-plans-2015-a-94548-4.html#post1447641

The filling was the standard Libby pumpkin pie recipe made with 2T of Splenda and 1 1/4 cups of unsweetened almond milk.

I shortened the baking time by 10 minutes and it came out of the oven with a slight jiggle, so far no cracks! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom