Toggle Menu Menu

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Back to Forum

New Reply
Test
10-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Help! I have made several tarts and I can't seem ever to get my tart off of the metal flat plate that is part of the 2 piece pan. Is it mean't to stay on the metal? How do they serve tarts at cafes and such, what the heck! How does this piece of bakeware work?

10-08-2007, 11:22 PM
In my experience, alex, it does stay on the bottom insert part of the pan. That may be why quite a few tart pans are sold. Folks have to buy new ones because they never got the bottom part returned after serving the tart at a get together, etc.

However, if you want to remove the tart from the bottom, you could line it with a piece of parchment paper before you add your tart ingredients. Then, you could slip a spatula or knife between the parchment and the bottom of the pan to remove the tart.

10-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Thanks so much katie! i don't know why i haven't thought of that. I have distroyed so many tarts trying to get a spatula between the tart and the insert and removing it, it never worked. thanks
10-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Place the tart in the pan on a hot towel or heating pad. The heat will soften/partially melt some of the butter/shortening in the crust and loosen it a little so you can slip a thin cake spatula in between the crust and pan bottom and slide it off.

Parchment will also work.
10-09-2007, 10:09 AM
I grease the bottoms of my tart pans and I also use a thin icing spatula to remove tart from pan. They make tart pans now with a non stick coating they are dark colored like the non stick pans.
11-13-2007, 09:49 AM
What exactly is a tart pan? Can I use a muffin pan instead?
11-13-2007, 11:43 AM
flip it onto a plate so the base it showing, heat it fast with a blowtorch and remove the metal plate.
then flip it back onto whatever you wish to serve it on.

if you do it while it`s still hot out the oven, you may not even need to heat with a blowtorch, just 2 simple moves and it`s done :)
11-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
What exactly is a tart pan? Can I use a muffin pan instead?
A tart pan is similar in size to a pie plate. The sides of the tart pan are pretty much straight up and down, almost at a 90 degree angle, and they are fluted / ruffled. The bottom section of the tart pan is removable (similar to a cheese cake pan, only there is not a release mechanism on a tart pan). Looking for a picture to post .... aha!

Name:   tart.jpg
Views: 5078
Size:  4.7 KB

Z

New Reply

Tags
None

Menu

Copyright © 2015 Social Knowledge Full Site

Cooking News & Tips Straight to your Email!

Stay up-to-date with Cooking info to your inbox!

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]