Toggle Menu Menu

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Back to Forum

New Reply
10-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Help! I have made several tarts and I can't seem ever to get my tart off of the metal flat plate that is part of the 2 piece pan. Is it mean't to stay on the metal? How do they serve tarts at cafes and such, what the heck! How does this piece of bakeware work?


Reply With Quote
10-08-2007, 11:22 PM
In my experience, alex, it does stay on the bottom insert part of the pan. That may be why quite a few tart pans are sold. Folks have to buy new ones because they never got the bottom part returned after serving the tart at a get together, etc.

However, if you want to remove the tart from the bottom, you could line it with a piece of parchment paper before you add your tart ingredients. Then, you could slip a spatula or knife between the parchment and the bottom of the pan to remove the tart.

Reply With Quote
10-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Thanks so much katie! i don't know why i haven't thought of that. I have distroyed so many tarts trying to get a spatula between the tart and the insert and removing it, it never worked. thanks
Reply With Quote
10-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Place the tart in the pan on a hot towel or heating pad. The heat will soften/partially melt some of the butter/shortening in the crust and loosen it a little so you can slip a thin cake spatula in between the crust and pan bottom and slide it off.

Parchment will also work.
Reply With Quote
10-09-2007, 10:09 AM
I grease the bottoms of my tart pans and I also use a thin icing spatula to remove tart from pan. They make tart pans now with a non stick coating they are dark colored like the non stick pans.
Reply With Quote
11-13-2007, 09:49 AM
What exactly is a tart pan? Can I use a muffin pan instead?
Reply With Quote
11-13-2007, 11:43 AM
flip it onto a plate so the base it showing, heat it fast with a blowtorch and remove the metal plate.
then flip it back onto whatever you wish to serve it on.

if you do it while it`s still hot out the oven, you may not even need to heat with a blowtorch, just 2 simple moves and it`s done :)
Reply With Quote
11-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
What exactly is a tart pan? Can I use a muffin pan instead?
A tart pan is similar in size to a pie plate. The sides of the tart pan are pretty much straight up and down, almost at a 90 degree angle, and they are fluted / ruffled. The bottom section of the tart pan is removable (similar to a cheese cake pan, only there is not a release mechanism on a tart pan). Looking for a picture to post .... aha!

Name:   tart.jpg
Views: 5078
Size:  4.7 KB


Reply With Quote
New Reply



Copyright © 2015 Social Knowledge Full Site

Cooking News & Tips Straight to your Email!

Stay up-to-date with Cooking info to your inbox!

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]