I love raspberries, they are one of the culinary keywords that I search for the very most, and I've hit a lucky streak recently in the raspberry recipe finding department (lol, say that three times in a row quickly
). If only I had all the ingredients for this on hand, I'd be baking in the middle of the night!
Tartlettes aux Framboises alla Sauce Caramel aux Framboises
- 24 sweet tartlet shells
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese (depending on how large your tart shells are)
- zest from one lime + 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1/2 pint of fresh raspberries
- FOR THE CARAMEL
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 oz. frozen raspberries, defrosted and at room temperature. Pureed in a food processor or blender
1. Mix the mascarpone cheese with the lime zest and 1 teaspoon of lime juice.
2. Fill the tarts with the lime cream.
3. Top each tartlette with 3/4 raspberries. (Depends on the size of the raspberries).
Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
To make the raspberry caramel:
1. Put the sugar and water in a saucepan and place over medium low heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves.
2. Increase the heat to med-high and bring the sugar syrup to a boil. Simmer until it has a light golden color.
3. Whisk in the butter and the raspberry puree.
4. Simmer over medium heat until the mixture has thickend and will coat the back of a spoon.
5. Remove from heat and pour through a sieve. Allow to come to room temperature before using.
Arrange the tarts on a plate. Drizzle the raspberry caramel over the tops. Serve any remaining caramel in a jug on the side.