"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Pies & Pastries

Old 10-29-2005, 11:30 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
REC: French raspberry and lime tartlets

I love raspberries, they are one of the culinary keywords that I search for the very most, and I've hit a lucky streak recently in the raspberry recipe finding department (lol, say that three times in a row quickly ). If only I had all the ingredients for this on hand, I'd be baking in the middle of the night!

Tartlettes aux Framboises alla Sauce Caramel aux Framboises

INGREDIENTS:

• 24 sweet tartlet shells
  • 8 oz. mascarpone cheese (depending on how large your tart shells are)
  • zest from one lime + 1 teaspoon of lime juice
  • 1/2 pint of fresh raspberries
  • FOR THE CARAMEL
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 8 oz. frozen raspberries, defrosted and at room temperature. Pureed in a food processor or blender
PREPARATION:

1. Mix the mascarpone cheese with the lime zest and 1 teaspoon of lime juice.

2. Fill the tarts with the lime cream.

3. Top each tartlette with 3/4 raspberries. (Depends on the size of the raspberries).
Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

To make the raspberry caramel:

1. Put the sugar and water in a saucepan and place over medium low heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves.

2. Increase the heat to med-high and bring the sugar syrup to a boil. Simmer until it has a light golden color.

3. Whisk in the butter and the raspberry puree.

4. Simmer over medium heat until the mixture has thickend and will coat the back of a spoon.

5. Remove from heat and pour through a sieve. Allow to come to room temperature before using.

To serve:

Arrange the tarts on a plate. Drizzle the raspberry caramel over the tops. Serve any remaining caramel in a jug on the side.

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None

« Tarts | Bean pie »